Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Football Outsider has Panthers rated 6th best team in NFL

70 posts in this topic

Posted

The fact that we lost like 12 straight coin tosses or whatever the hell it was is a perfect microcosm of this team as a whole the last two years. Everything that could go wrong did at the most inopportune time.

As the article mentioned, simply playing similarly yet regressing to the mean gets us at 9-7. I think the team has improved by at least a couple wins above that. I'm always blindly optimistic, but 10-6 or 11-5 doesn't seem far fetched to me.

10-6 is what I said at the beginning of the preseason and I'm sticking to that. The pieces are there to win and possibly take the division if saints and falcons fall back due to horrible defenses

Posted

Well a couple of positives...

If we were better in 2011 we might not have gotten Luke

If we were better in 2012 we might not have gotten Star/KK

All three of those are looking like key franchise pieces for the future right now.

2 people like this

Posted

Just off hand I think we should have beaten Seattle, KC, ATL, and CHI. We simply didn't have the defense we needed to hold up in the 4th when teams went to the air. We should be totally different this season.

Don't forget Dallas and Seattle

Posted

fug yea bitches

Posted

suck our dicks other teams

5 people like this

Posted

These guys successfully predicted our 2008 season as well.

That being said, it is still a prediction. And predictions are most often wrong.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't forget Dallas and Seattle

I forgot about the Dallas game, but I did say Seattle. You know what's weird is that I don't really remember the Dallas game. I watched it last season, and now I have no memory of it for some reason. It's weird.

1 person likes this

Posted

And the 2nd Tampa game.  We shut them down all fuging game only for them to score like 11 points or some dumb poo in the final 3-4 minutes of the game.  Then a fuging go ahead TD in OT...

What kind of poo is that?

1 person likes this

Posted

We are ranked that low?

tumblr_inline_mkuss0mApX1qz4rgp_zps14249

Posted

12-4

All the bad luck, unlucky bounces, poor play calling,  bad clock management,  untimely drops,  overthrows, and mind numbing fumbles are about to end.   It all evens out.  Just like all the bad years prior to 2003,   then all of a sudden we get all the breaks.    There is not one team on the schedule that I feel we can't beat.  Matter of fact there is probably only 2 that would beat us if we both played our best games.

Posted

This kind of analysis is encouraging, especially when you consider the Football Outsiders has our defense ranking 3rd in the league (I think it is suspect though if it has to do with yards allowed, maybe we will be better on points allowed).  If they play like the team that beat down the Ravens, then these projections will prove prophetic.

Right here toward the very beginning of the season, I am starting to see a few media outlets tout us as a sleeper.  The last time that happened was 10 years ago.  Coming off a 7-9 season with John Fox, the Panthers were the surprise pick to make a playoff push.  Went all the way to the Superbowl.  Not saying we will this year...just saying...I am getting some of the same vibes...

Exciting!

1 person likes this

Posted

Last year we were projected to finish 10th:  http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/2012-dvoa-projections.  We actually finished 18th, based on records.

So, if you have the talent to generate statistics like that, yet still manage a losing record, where is the disconnect coming from? 

1 person likes this