Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

Football Outsider has Panthers rated 6th best team in NFL

69 posts in this topic

And the 2nd Tampa game.  We shut them down all fuging game only for them to score like 11 points or some dumb poo in the final 3-4 minutes of the game.  Then a fuging go ahead TD in OT...

What kind of poo is that?

1 person likes this

12-4

All the bad luck, unlucky bounces, poor play calling,  bad clock management,  untimely drops,  overthrows, and mind numbing fumbles are about to end.   It all evens out.  Just like all the bad years prior to 2003,   then all of a sudden we get all the breaks.    There is not one team on the schedule that I feel we can't beat.  Matter of fact there is probably only 2 that would beat us if we both played our best games.

This kind of analysis is encouraging, especially when you consider the Football Outsiders has our defense ranking 3rd in the league (I think it is suspect though if it has to do with yards allowed, maybe we will be better on points allowed).  If they play like the team that beat down the Ravens, then these projections will prove prophetic.

Right here toward the very beginning of the season, I am starting to see a few media outlets tout us as a sleeper.  The last time that happened was 10 years ago.  Coming off a 7-9 season with John Fox, the Panthers were the surprise pick to make a playoff push.  Went all the way to the Superbowl.  Not saying we will this year...just saying...I am getting some of the same vibes...

Exciting!

1 person likes this

Don't forget Dallas and Seattle

And the Tampa Bay game where we literally had a 8 pt lead with 58 seconds left in the game and they came back and took it in ot

Thanks for the vote of confidence, FO, but all it takes is a few boneheaded Ron Rivera decisions and once again we're staring at another lousy 2-8 record to start off

1 person likes this

I suggest everyone read and or sub to ProFootBall focus and Football Outsiders.

They do the poo ESPN and NFL network should be doing.

2 people like this

Man, that projection would have us playing a pretty epic journey as the 4th division winner.

First up would be the 49ers as the first wild card followed by GB as the 1st seed bye.  Then we'd face the winner of WAS vs. SEA (assuming the Taints lose to WAS). 

So our route to THIS hypothetical Super Bowl would put us up against Kaepernick, then Rodgers, followed by either RGIII or Wilson .  If our team (Cam to the MSM/press) ran that table, wow.  That'd be some epic crow eating.

But, it won't be anything like that I'm sure, although I do like FO stuff typically.