69 replies to this topic

#16 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,888 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

Are these the same guys who had us as like the #4 team last season? 

The talent/numbers are there as we all know...the luck/coaching/end game failure is what has held us back. Change a little of that around and that ranking could be justifiable. 

#17 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

Wow, incredible.

But many of us have felt the team has been underperforming given the level of overall team talent. It's now or never for this staff and more than a few vet players. 

#18 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Huddle is on Super Bowl victory or bust mode and Im all in baby

#19 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,162 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

Mike Tanier, a former (current?) FO writer/contributor, released his NFC South predictions today. He has the Saints winning the division at 10-6 with the Panthers taking a WC spot...at 10-6:

http://www.sportsone...ticle/59430332/

Everyone needs to watch the video in that article, Tanier starts out seeming like he's taking a dig at Cam, but then explains that there's been way too much pressure put on him and he sees the signs that Cam is growing into the leader everyone thinks he can't be. Good vid.

Also:

Football Outsiders Stat: Newton's yards-per-attempt, interception percentage and quarterback rating actually got better last year after his historic 2011 season. He also ran for more yards and more yards per carry. Yes, some other important indicators went down, but the "disastrous" sophomore slump only existed in fantasy football -- Newton's touchdown totals tailed off -- and in the minds of people who think that quarterbacks are responsible for everything that happens to a team.

#20 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

Wow. 1. I'm surprised there is a football site that is purely objective and led by stats and facts not ratings and the narrative they want to push 2. There are people out there that have taken time to actually watch our games and know we aren't bad as everyone else is claiming. I for one am shocked

#21 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

My two biggest questions:  

1.  Has Rivera learned how to manage crunch time?

2.  Will the OL hold up?

If the answer to both is 'yes', then we can be very, very good.  However, both are absolutely critical to our success and a 'no' to either could mean another top 10 draft pick.

#22 Guest_FredLane4Ever_*

Guest_FredLane4Ever_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

I think it will be fun to watch.

#23 Guest_FredLane4Ever_*

Guest_FredLane4Ever_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

12-4.....

#24 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:57 AM

The fact that we lost like 12 straight coin tosses or whatever the hell it was is a perfect microcosm of this team as a whole the last two years. Everything that could go wrong did at the most inopportune time.

As the article mentioned, simply playing similarly yet regressing to the mean gets us at 9-7. I think the team has improved by at least a couple wins above that. I'm always blindly optimistic, but 10-6 or 11-5 doesn't seem far fetched to me.

#25 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

The fact that we lost like 12 straight coin tosses or whatever the hell it was is a perfect microcosm of this team as a whole the last two years. Everything that could go wrong did at the most inopportune time.

As the article mentioned, simply playing similarly yet regressing to the mean gets us at 9-7. I think the team has improved by at least a couple wins above that. I'm always blindly optimistic, but 10-6 or 11-5 doesn't seem far fetched to me.

10-6 is what I said at the beginning of the preseason and I'm sticking to that. The pieces are there to win and possibly take the division if saints and falcons fall back due to horrible defenses

#26 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,321 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

Well a couple of positives...

If we were better in 2011 we might not have gotten Luke

If we were better in 2012 we might not have gotten Star/KK

All three of those are looking like key franchise pieces for the future right now.

#27 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

Just off hand I think we should have beaten Seattle, KC, ATL, and CHI. We simply didn't have the defense we needed to hold up in the 4th when teams went to the air. We should be totally different this season.

Don't forget Dallas and Seattle

#28 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,252 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

fug yea bitches

#29 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,252 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

suck our dicks other teams

#30 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

These guys successfully predicted our 2008 season as well.

That being said, it is still a prediction. And predictions are most often wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.