• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

Nostradamus, Rasputin, Miss Cleo... The greatest seers throughout history....

Until now.

I have looked ahead to Sunday's matchup between the Panthers and the Seahawks. In my pumpkin beer induced stuper, the following visions came to me.

Spoiler Alert.

1. Mike Shula impresses. I have had many doubts about Shula, having lived in Tampa during his stint with the Bucs as their OC. Shula eases my fears on Sunday by calling a legitimate NFL game. He gets the Panthers back to a running team and even uses an i-formation from time to time (shocking!). Handoffs to Deangelo Williams out of the shotgun for a loss of two yards are a thing of the past.

2. Russell Wilson is sacked 3 times and hurried most of the game. The Panthers defensive front four, among the best in the entire NFL, wreaks havoc in their coming out party. The national media immediately starts the 'sophomore slump' story line while giving zero credit to the Panthers.

3. A surprise hero of the game emerges. Armanti Edwards catches a 4th quarter touchdown pass from Cam Newton to seal the game. Covered by Seahawks nickle Walter Thurmond, Edwards makes a great grab and the crowd goes completely mental. Armanti has had a great camp and preseason, but after his latest injury is ready to prove himself worthy.

This Sunday the Carolina Panthers put together the most complete game they have had in years. Offense, Defense, and Special Teams all provide a good performance. Bank of America is energized carrying the momentum to the next home game.

Panthers win 24-17.

tumblr_mj4opqof8e1rdutw3o1_400.gif

What are your fearless predictions?

#2 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

My_Prediction__Pain_background_by_kingof

#3 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

Panthers 28  Seahawks   24

God help me for being optimistic for a home opened.

#4 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

I am thinking a close game obviously.

If Panthers win, I see a 55 yd field goal with time running out putting us over the top

#5 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:20 AM

I see us down 6 late in the forth, after Seattle just scores the go ahead for the win, with the score 27-21. Less than 2 minutes left, the huddle is about to implode and everyone is about to commit seppuku. On the kick off, Ginn gets it, cuts across the field not once, but twice, goes nearly untouched for the 90 yard winning TD. The Huddle explodes with joy rather than imploding with anger. Everyone wakes up the next morning and reaches for the nearly empty bottle of liquor to help cure their collective hangovers.

#6 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

Lay off the pumpkin juice Zod. Armanti probably won't do anything if active.

My prediction is Luke Kuechly will have 17 tackles.

#7 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

At the end of the season I will say, "Remember when the Seahawks came in here and thought they were going to kick our butts and we kicked their butts and then we kicked 10 more teams' butts and the we kicked butts in the playoffs?"

Been sayin' it all week:  Panthers 25, Seagulls 17

#8 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

With 2 min left in the 4th Q, we lead by 2 points. Seahawks gets possession. We sack the poo out of Wilson, run the clock down and even won the coin flip.

Panthers bad luck is officially done.

#9 carolinapf

carolinapf

The Judge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,084 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

20-13 Panthers. Our offense will move the ball, pre-season and media talk don't mean poo.

#10 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:59 AM

31-17 Panthers win with all around dominant game....

#11 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

Wilson throws more touchdowns to the Panthers than the Seahawks.

Johnson, Hardy, and Edwards all get a sack.

Luke breaks 10 tackles.

Cam completes to eight different receivers.

Ginn returns one into Seattle territory.

Olsen has the best game of his career.

Panthers win 31-24

#12 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

Newton looks like a game manager, and directs an efficient, conservative attack that gets some decent movement between the 20s, but he can't punch it in.  That's ok, because neither can Seattle, and Wilson is not given enough time to find his receivers who, shockingly, can't get good separation from our secondary.  The first half is a little sloppy and marked by field goals.  In the second, each team manages a TD on their first drive, and then more field goals spell the final difference in the game.

16-13 Panthers.

#13 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Newton looks like a game manager, and directs an efficient, conservative attack that gets some decent movement between the 20s, but he can't punch it in.  That's ok, because neither can Seattle, and Wilson is not given enough time to find his receivers who, shockingly, can't get good separation from our secondary.  The first half is a little sloppy and marked by field goals.  In the second, each team manages a TD on their first drive, and then more field goals spell the final difference in the game.

16-13 Panthers.

Sounds like a boring game, hope your wrong other than us winning.

#14 Devoid

Devoid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

Carolina's Offense scores a TD on the opening drive and ends the day with 3 TDs and a field goal.

The Defense gets 4 turnovers, 5 sacks, and a TD.

The Special Teams have a great night no turnovers, a fumble recovery, and TD.

Panthers 38 Seahawks 9

#15 sml1950

sml1950

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

It's time to unwrap the new Shula offense:

1. It's been noted that the play calling system has been simplified. According to Kalil on Sirius, we will not run a lot of no huddle/hurry up offense, but we will break the huddle quickly so Cam has more time to look over the field, see the defense and even change the play.
2. If Seattle brings 8 in the box, look for Smitty to be used more in the slot with Ginn/LaFell split wide.
3. Watch for Olsen to run the same seam pattern that DA hit Williams on in preseason when we get in Seattle territory.
4. Tolbert makes a "miraculus" recovery and is used heavily on Sunday, especially in the red zone.
5. You won't see much read option unless the power running game goes nowhere.

Cam has to improve his accuracy against a Seattle secondary who will be playing press man to man all day. I don't believe we won a game last year when he threw more that 1 interception. So Cam needs to take what's there or throw it away. I look for a conservative game plan for both sides with the Panthers winning on a late FG 20-17.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.