• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Sorry if a dumb question, but is there any type of benefit going on? Such as for a food bank or for under privileged children?  

Proceeds from tailgates normally go towards Toys for Tots. Not sure if that is still the plan, but that is what I remember it going to in previous years.

#62 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

So you're telling me there's a chance....

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationAspin, Colorado

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

Proceeds from tailgates normally go towards Toys for Tots. Not sure if that is still the plan, but that is what I remember it going to in previous years.

That's exactly what I wanted to know. I think it's very commendable of you guys to try and give back to our community, especially when it involves kids. All I wanted to know was how I could help. I am by no means rich, but I have a real problem with children not being allowed to be "kids", albeit because of clothes, food or even toys. I find it disturbing that some posters here want to chastise me for just asking. 

#63 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,395 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

Sometimes you guys are unbelievable. I was simply asking if I should bring some canned goods or a toy to donate. I never been to one of these "official" tailgates. Sorry for trying to help out the less privileged. 

my bad, it's only been mentioned a few dozen times...  I recommend bringing a toy, Flash has always dominated Batman as a better option.

and hey, you do have the best jim carrey account on the interweb..

#64 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

So you're telling me there's a chance....

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationAspin, Colorado

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

my bad, it's only been mentioned a few dozen times...  I recommend bringing a toy, Flash has always dominated Batman as a better option.

Thank you bleys. I've always been a Flash fan myself! Again, I think what you guys do for the kids is awesome! I am a foster parent, and I have always thought that if you give a child a reason to believe, a reason to hope, and a reason to dream, they can overcome any circumstance that they were born into. Nothing is more unfair in life than a kid who is never given a chance. So, if there's ever any benefit for children sponsored by the Huddle, please post it on this forum. I will gladly donate something for the kids, whether I party with you guys (and gals) or not. 

#65 Carolinaboy1979

Carolinaboy1979

• ALL-PRO
  • 107 posts
  • LocationThe Piedmont

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

I'll bring Wonder Woman's invisible jet.....

#66 Fade2BlackAndBlue

Fade2BlackAndBlue

ICE UP SON

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationStanley NC

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

This will be my first time in a year coming to a game. I will try to swing by there. I don't know if this has been asked but where is the cheapest parking at? I'm gonna be a lil low on funds. so cheaper the better.

#67 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

This will be my first time in a year coming to a game. I will try to swing by there. I don't know if this has been asked but where is the cheapest parking at? I'm gonna be a lil low on funds. so cheaper the better.

The farther you go, the cheaper it gets. There are 5 dollar lots several blocks north of the stadium. Just drive around.

#68 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

Thank you bleys. I've always been a Flash fan myself! Again, I think what you guys do for the kids is awesome! I am a foster parent, and I have always thought that if you give a child a reason to believe, a reason to hope, and a reason to dream, they can overcome any circumstance that they were born into. Nothing is more unfair in life than a kid who is never given a chance. So, if there's ever any benefit for children sponsored by the Huddle, please post it on this forum. I will gladly donate something for the kids, whether I party with you guys (and gals) or not. 

We have an annual Toys for Tots fundraiser that will be announced in a couple weeks. Feel free to donate once that time comes.

#69 Fade2BlackAndBlue

Fade2BlackAndBlue

ICE UP SON

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationStanley NC

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

The farther you go, the cheaper it gets. There are 5 dollar lots several blocks north of the stadium. Just drive around.

And the tailgate is on the north side right? Last time i went and parked i was close to the strip club. I think the parking was either free or 5 bucks. I'm excited about this game bringing my little brother for his first panthers game.

#70 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,199 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

If you want to walk some you can park on Euclid or Lexington behind the Y on Morehead. But its free.
This is my go to spot if I don't ride the rail in.

One other tip on the rail to avoid it being jammed.
Catch one going into town say near the Uptown Cabaret. It will go all the way in town and come back BUT you have a seat as it goes out.
If you don't then expect massive crowds trying to load up.

#71 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

I'm not a Saint

• ALL-PRO
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

I"m going to my first game in several years.  I'd like to come by and say hello to you guys.  That is if you don't mind an old man crashing your party.:)

#72 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,199 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

check the huddle's tweets and there might be real time locale stuff going on.

#73 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,890 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Anyone watching The Hurricane-Gator game?

This is reminding me of The Panther-Raven game.

#74 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

I'm sitting in 226.  Anyone ever sat there before?  Worried about it being in the corner.

#75 morgan55

morgan55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

we win by 3 last minutes of the game

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com