89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

Finally it's official!  

http://www.samsung.c...CFY5cMgodNi4A4Q

http://reviews.cnet....-galaxy-note-3/

Don't like the back of it at all but it's going to be in a case anyway so whatever.

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,725 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

My wife is seriously considering this for her next phone.  She has an iPhone 4S now and wants to wait to see what the next iPhone looks like but she likes the size of this and the stylus and the fact that you can do multi-tasking on it.

#3 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

Yea the stylus is so nice on the Note.  I never thought I would like a stylus on a phone till I used my sisters, but it really makes some tasks a lot easier and more comfortable.  I think the biggest thing for me is the 3GB of ram.  That's going to be huge for what this phone can still do 2-3 years down the line.

#4 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

never understood the whole stylus thing.

+ it's fuging huge.

#5 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

The size of it isn't for everyone for sure, but I think it's a perfect size.  Gives you the functionality of a cell phone with a screen that you can manage multiple things at once on....

#6 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Tiny+Hands+bk_tinyhands.jpg

#7 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,725 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

http://news.cnet.com...-early-october/

Samsung's Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear smartwatch is expected to land in the US in early October, wireless carriers revealed late Thursday.

T-Mobile said the devices would launch the device duo to its customers on October 2, while AT&T indicated the pre-orders of the Galaxy Note 3 would ship "around" October 1. However, the phablet will be available on AT&T for $299 with a two-year contract or $35 a month with AT&T Next, while T-Mobile is offering the device for $199 down and 24 monthly payments of $21

Meanwhile, Verizon announced Wednesday it would begin accepting pre-orders for the devices at 6 a.m. PT on Friday, although the landing page does not hint when customers can expect delivery.

#8 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

Not sure if this has been discussed here, but Verizon is joining the upgrade when you want bandwagon, with a catch...

http://www.verizonwi...vices/edge.html

So you have to pay 50% of the phones retail price off to do your upgrade.  With the note that would be about 350-400 dollars.  Not too bad all things considered....

#9 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,725 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

Probably work for businesses and people with significant disposable income...

#10 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

And trading in decently used older phones usually will net you 50-100 bucks to deduct from gazelle, etc.

#11 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,725 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

http://www.gottabemo...elease-date-us/

AT&T and T-Mobile will be releasing the Galaxy Note 3 in the early part of October while Verizon says that its Galaxy Note 3, which is up for pre-order, will ship out by October 10th. This is far earlier than the Galaxy Note 2 which didn’t arrive until November 29th last year.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will come equipped with a number of big time upgrades including a larger 1080p display, quad-core processor of the Snapdragon 800 variety, new S Pen features, upgraded multitasking, a brand new 13MP camera, 4G LTE, and a faux leather back instead of a polycarbonate one.

#12 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,211 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

I find out how much my down payment is Tuesday!!! Im selling my S2 which should bring me $150 . cant wait.

#13 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

Finally got mine over the weekend. Doing a battery test with light use first, than I'll do a heavy test over the weekend when I can use my phone more. Light use results are really promising. Few calls, maybe an hour or so of browsing, and some tweeting/texting/hangouts as well....

ss_zps8983cc29.png

Ended up opting for the Edge program too, so this time next year I'll be snagging a Note 4....

#14 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

End of my light test since I actually need my phone today. Did about 45 minutes of calls yesterday, as well as another 15-30 minutes of browsing the web and some light tweeting/texting/hangouts. Pretty impressed with the results I got for such a big screen. Had wi-fi on the whole time, and the brightness was about 3/4 level....

unnamed_zps8188ea73.png

#15 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,725 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

That is pretty impressive.  My Droid Maxx puts up those kinds of numbers and battery life was it's main purpose.

I have to say that I'm not super thrilled with 4.4 KitKat, as it seems buggier than Jellybean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com