Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biscuit's Droid Maxx Review

27 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm thinking about getting a new phone soon, my battery seems to dying fast lately

Posted · Report post

Great review! I'm strongly considering a Motorola for my next phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Bump.  got the moto x yesterday.  so far I'm impressed.  Even got the Kit Kat update last night. Google pushed this one out fast.  Full screen (status and nav bar are overlaid on the wall paper)...camera action is very cool.  OK google now...I can even say "find my phone" and it will ring.  This feature alone will save me countless hours :)

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I like the OK google now and use it some, but until it gets a little more interactive, it's fairly limited for me.

The Maxx is supposedly going to get 4.4 at some point...  we'll see I guess.  It's currently on 4.2.2 on Verizon.

Posted · Report post

Bump. got the moto x yesterday. so far I'm impressed. Even got the Kit Kat update last night. Google pushed this one out fast. Full screen (status and nav bar are overlaid on the wall paper)...camera action is very cool. OK google now...I can even say "find my phone" and it will ring. This feature alone will save me countless hours :)

Thats pretty nice right there...I have a note 2 and am always forgetting where I put it due to it being too big to keep in my pocket while im working.

Posted · Report post

I like the OK google now and use it some, but until it gets a little more interactive, it's fairly limited for me.

The Maxx is supposedly going to get 4.4 at some point...  we'll see I guess.  It's currently on 4.2.2 on Verizon.

I think the more  you use it, the better it gets, but yeah I don't need to talk to my phone all that much.

The "assist" app with the driving sensor deal is very cool.  tells me who's calling with option to answer or ignore. Haven't gotten any texts yet while driving but will ask the wife to help me test that this afternoon.

Posted · Report post

I think the more  you use it, the better it gets, but yeah I don't need to talk to my phone all that much.

The "assist" app with the driving sensor deal is very cool.  tells me who's calling with option to answer or ignore. Haven't gotten any texts yet while driving but will ask the wife to help me test that this afternoon.

Yes, now the driving mode is really cool.  It will ask if you want it to read the text to you.

I wish it was able to send texts without manual interaction, but even if you talk to it you still have to manually click it to send the text... and it doesn't understand you very well in a moving car with the road noise, etc., unless you pick it up and hold it close.

I just tried that 'find my phone' thing... I didn't even know it did that...

Honestly I haven't spent much time in trying to learn what the voice commands are capable of.

Posted · Report post

Did it work?  I read that the find my phone was a kit kat feature. 

I have a Motorola bluetooth thing in my car, that works with MyMotoSpeak, that allows you to read texts and respond totally hands-free.  Some of the times it misses what you want to say and its frustrating a bit, but the device itself does a pretty good job of blocking road noise, etc.  I want to try it with my new phone without the software, see if it works.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, it started dinging and said "Here I am!" on the screen... lol

I did notice when I drove my wife's Soul (it has built in bluetooth) that it worked better, but my old truck doesn't have that.

Posted · Report post

So apparently my phone is getting 4.4 KitKat?  It DL'd last night and will install tonight...

Anybody got experience with this OS yet?

Posted · Report post

Yes, had on my moto x since I got it.  I'm so used to it that I can't remember what made it so cool vs. the older version :)

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Yes, had on my moto x since I got it.  I'm so used to it that I can't remember what made it so cool vs. the older version :)

Google says it looks very similar to 4.2.2 that I have now, but has some nice updates... I guess I'll find out.