Photo
- - - - -

Gettleman talks "Hog Mollies"...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#31 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

Time and chemistry certainly play a role in a good o-line, but it doesn't make a good o-line out of poo. You can't fill the line with undrafted players and division 2 players and journeymen who have played 2 NFL games and expect that the only missing ingredient is time.

#32 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Time and chemistry certainly play a role in a good o-line, but it doesn't make a good o-line out of poo. You can't fill the line with undrafted players and division 2 players and journeymen who have played 2 NFL games and expect that the only missing ingredient is time.

At this point, I'd say everyone but Kalil is replaceable (though Gross is worthy of debate).

Practically speaking though, a complete overhaul is unlikely.

I do expect long term personnel changes. I just think they might not occur until next year.

#33 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

I trust DG until he gives me reason not to. He worked his way through the ranks, including through scouting and has an impressive résumé.

I won't presume to know more about football than a man who has two rings and a lifetime around the game. He's probably watched more coaches tape than most of us have seen any football in our lifetimes combined.

I'll take his word for it.