Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

"Chud's in Cleveland and We're Going to Leave Him There" DWill

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#97 jono00

jono00

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

Jamie Dukes was on WFNZ and i agree with his opinion. We have the pieces on paper. BUT we have Shula and that means........... probably less of an offensive output than Chud. 

#98 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

Jamie Dukes was on WFNZ and i agree with his opinion. We have the pieces on paper. BUT we have Shula and that means........... probably less of an offensive output than Chud.

Yeah, people are about to get less of Cam and more of RBs. That will be less offense. I do expect better situational playcalls so hopefully that will be big

#99 logic1977

logic1977

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

Could care less if our overall numbers on offense go down as long as we still win games

#100 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

wait...so fox is a good coach now?

I have never said Fox was a bad coach. We use to think 8-8 was a bad year now we know the truth.

#101 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

I have never said Fox was a bad coach. We use to think 8-8 was a bad year now we know the truth.

We were 7-9 last year....Fox did that a couple times

#102 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

We were 7-9 last year....Fox did that a couple times

Yea and we just made it there. Fox's time was up in Carolina no doubt but that does not make him a bad coach. By far Hurney was the biggest problem not Fox.

#103 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

I am getting the impression Chud is not well thought of by our offense. I wonder what the owners in Cleveland think about this.

Oh, didn't you hear? Chud was responsible for the making of Cam Newton!!??  :sleep:

So Cleveland hired him to do the same for Brandon Weeden.  :phew:

#104 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

Am I the only one that thinks this chatter about Chud from our offensive players is more an indictment of our HEAD coach than our former offensive coordinator?

Head coaches take charge and if there was a problem with the play-calling last year you would hope that it was Rivera that stepped up.

I just always find it ironic, how all these national media love to scrutinize Newton up and down, and very rarely (if ever) bring up his coaching. 

I've been criticizing Rivera (since he got here) and Chud (1st half of last year), dragging down Cam's numbers and the teams execution and wins. Rivera signing off on expanded Read Option play usage (which he admitted to already in an NFL.com article by Albert Breer, earlier this year), sans Two TE Sets, coming out of Cam's Rookie success was almost criminal. Many called it on the spot, when we all saw the games unfold the first half of 2012. So yes I agree with you. 

After saying all that. Save the anger and attitude for the field against Seattle Panthers. 

#105 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Wait...so guys who play in the NFL and under the guy they are talking about, know more than some whiny ass spectators on a message board? Color me shocked! Chud fuging sucked. Shitty play calling, when it mattered most. Who cares where the offense ranked. The fuging ego-maniac constantly stepped on his own dick.

#106 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

wait...so fox is a good coach now?

He sure looks like one ever since Peyton came in and started controlling one entire please of the game and doing a stellar job at it

#107 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

Players blaming anyone other than themselves for sub par performance is a load of horse poo. How long will it be before they are pointing fingers at each other when things go south. Seems like it's always someone elses fault with Smitty and DWill. There were plenty of opportunities to turn a few of those L's into W's last year with a little better execution.

#108 SetfreexX

SetfreexX

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Players blaming anyone other than themselves for sub par performance is a load of horse poo. How long will it be before they are pointing fingers at each other when things go south. Seems like it's always someone elses fault with Smitty and DWill. There were plenty of opportunities to turn a few of those L's into W's last year with a little better execution.

I'd agree but I saw the difference in the offense when he stopped trying to be a genius, and just called the damn offense. So in this case I give the players a pass, any intelligent fan was clamoring for an offensive change BEFORE we were 2-6. See Cam's interview after one of our games I forget which one, but that said it all right there. The sh!t wasn't working, you gonna blame that on players...? Then we switch to a traditonal style and we succeed and we don't credit the players we praise the OC, lol ok...