#1 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,657 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

http://sports.yahoo....6--fantasy.html

Cam Newton, Car, QB (85-percent started)
Matchup: vs. Sea
Chances are those who acquired the 'elite' QB's services likely spent an exorbitant pick. His blood-stirring finish to the 2012 season – over the final eight games he and Russell Wilson tied for best per game average among QBs – understandably spiked his draft value. However, yours truly would rather swim from Miami to Cuba, in shark-infested waters mind you, than trust Newton in Week 1. Seattle's dynamic duo at corner (Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman) combined with an aggressive pass rush presents a daunting matchup for a quarterback who's been wildly inconsistent in the pass department in his first two years in the league. Last year, Newton scored a vomit-inducing 11.3 fantasy points in standard formats (141 pass yards, 42 rush yards, 0 TDs) against the 'Hawks in Charlotte. Rattled much of the day, he completed just 41.3 percent of his attempts. Over the entirety of the season, Pete Carroll's club surrendered only four 20-point QB efforts. Considering Cam's lack of weapons outside a well-aged Steve Smith and inconsistent Greg Olsen, he's a very risky play. Some will scream from the highest rooftop to "Always start your studs!," but every player, except possibly Drew Brees, is vulnerable to an underwhelming performance. In a head-to-head Week 1 matchup, give me Joe Flacco, Michael Vick or Cowboys killer Eli Manning (250.4 pypg, 2.3 pass td per game in 14 career starts) over Cam.

#2 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,028 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

I would put in the thread title that this is about Fantasy Football.  Kind of misleading.

#3 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,657 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Yea, but they talking crap about Newton. I really hope he can prove doubters wrong.

#4 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,028 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

It's just fantasy talk.  I personally don't think Cam is going to have a great fantasy season myself because the defense will be so good Cam won't have to rack up tons of stats. Plus Shula will not have Cam as the leading rusher on the team.

#5 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

If I ever became bored enough to play fake football, I would probably find myself making decisions just like this.

It's true that Cam likely won't be a fantasy stud this week. Nothing about that should shock anyone.

#6 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,737 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

meh

#7 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

I wouldn't say they are talking crap.  I am not sure there is any QB in the NFL I would trust against Seattle's defense.  Brady and Rodgers even struggled against it.  Seattle's secondary is flat out amazing.

#8 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,813 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Dynamic pass rush for Seattle that won't be playing.

#9 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,144 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

but every player, except possibly Drew Brees, is vulnerable to an underwhelming performance

Get this trash out of here.

#10 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

The aforementioned stud cornerbacks for Seattle won't have the same pass-rush they're accustomed to so I'm not so sure they'll be as effective for this game. 89 will definitely be motivated to make a highlight of Sherman and prove he's got a lot left in the tank.

#11 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,633 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

I know fantasy football is a major reason why the NFL is the dominant sports league in America today.

But Lord almighty, why is it that all the fantasy football 'experts' I see are such complete tools? :unsure:

#12 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Moved to fantasy

#13 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,374 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

I decided to play again for the first time in about 5 years. I am now regretting that decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.