Photo
- - - - -

Kuechly on The Drive at 5:15

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#13 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

Recap for those who just can't bring themselves to tune out the air "personalities" and focus on the guest:

Honored to be elected by his teammates as a Captain.

Defense figuring out subtleties of the schemes. New additions will help them get stronger.

Cam continuing to get better all around.

It isn't about individual stats, it's about the team winning and getting to the playoffs.

Key to winning Sunday is keeping Wilson in the pocket and stopping the run (Lynch).

No added pressure to win due to RR being on hot seat.  Goal is to get wins...period.

Things "clicking" for him last year was result of asking tons of questions of the vets, and not just guys on defense, guys like Smith too.  He's done that since college.

Defense is loaded with "Captains."

Likes fly fishing during free time.

Likes Charlotte, mentioned South Park, the Lake, Ballentyne, likes that CLT near the beach and mountains just a few hours away, nice weather too.

Thinks playoffs are reachable because they are coming together as a team.

Off the field he may be mild mannered but on the field, he says occasionally he lets the expletives fly.  Apparently Smitty poking some fun with that.

Again, key to beating Seattle is stopping the run.

Yes. All these young QB's (except for Luck) you stop their run game, you can beat them.

#14 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

Instigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

Same reason Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd have jobs. They bring in ratings when dumb ppl like to listen and yell at their radio thinkin that these "shock jockies" believe one single word that is spewing out of their own mouth

I personally like Skip. If you don't take everything he says so literal you will find the entertainment value. A lot of what they say is purely for show which is fine, plus he picked us as a close second to the Falcons and getting a wild card spot. But it's all good.

#15 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

I personally like Skip. If you don't take everything he says so literal you will find the entertainment value. A lot of what they say is purely for show which is fine, plus he picked us as a close second to the Falcons and getting a wild card spot. But it's all good.

I'm going to disagree. Even taking the perspective that Skip's whole persona is an act that is overtly contrarian and excessively over the top, there's no entertainment value there -It's/He's garbage. 

#16 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

Instigator

HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'm going to disagree. Even taking the perspective that Skip's whole persona is an act that is overtly contrarian and excessively over the top, there's no entertainment value there -It's/He's garbage.

If he is garbage Steve A Smith is a sewer rat. I like the topics generally and they are both well spoken. I just don't understand the hatred for a guy on TV who hasn't done anything to wrong us besides suggest The Golden Calf of Bristol is the greatest thing of all time.

#17 camtheone

camtheone

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Guess they did their job...They have you talking about them good or bad interview its all about being in the spotlight...