Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Peyton Manning and his accuracy issues, should Broncos be concerned?

Best Answer BBQ&Beer, 06 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Really? a thread hating on Peyton fuging Manning?? jeez get off Cam's weiner

No. A thread hating on people that take a handful of plays & uses those as evidence that a is inaccurate. Jeez, learn to read for comprehension. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#31 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,537 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

64% completion rate. 7 TD's.

Stupid fudging thread.

#32 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

I'm pretty sure anyone who watched that whole game just witnessed the the best QB performance in NFL history.

#33 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

QB rating 140, 7 TD, 0 INT, with >452 YDS passing.  Just image what an accurate QB could do.

dont forget on a wet field in the rain and crazy wind

#34 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,047 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

64% completion rate. 7 TD's.

Stupid fudging thread.

Someone doesn't get it. :(

#35 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,047 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

I'm pretty sure anyone who watched that whole game just witnessed the the best QB performance in NFL history.

Probably. I agree with that. But it is the throws he missed that prove he is inaccurate. Just like Cam

#36 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,580 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

Manning is going to make Fox a HOF coach...lol

I'm going to bed...

Manning is fuging awesome,I;m going to make my old lady seduce him and have some goofy looking kid that can throw 7 tds in one fuging game!! against the SB Champs...

wow.

I'm tired pay no attention to me.

#37 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,134 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

i agree with the premise of the OP, but cam is a different type of quarterback. he's not likely to carve a defense like this for 7 TDs.

#38 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

i agree with the premise of the OP, but cam is a different type of quarterback. he's not likely to carve a defense like this for 7 TDs.

Hater. Cam could probably throw like 14. He just doesn't want to.

#39 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

Every QB makes inaccurate throws during games. The issue is the frequency. To that id say Cam is middle of the pack.

The main issue in regards to QBs is decision making and reading the defense. For which Cam still has a ways to go. Unlike Peyton who is one of the best. 

#40 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

Umm, the stat line is terrific, but this was more of a case of the ball bouncing Peyton's way repeatedly and making a great game seem supernatural. I mean, the last TD was a screen where the defense was completely lost, the game completely turned around on Welker's unchallenged drop, and Welker was left wide open once, Julius Thomas was left wide open twice, etc.

Fantastic game, but Peyton's best throw was the long bomb to Thomas, and he didn't really attempt anything too difficult beyond that. Once they jumped on the Ravens they just kept hitting them over and over with great play calls

#41 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,047 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

Absolutely.

But the point is (that seems to have been missed by some) is that even in perhaps the greatest QB performance I have ever seen, manning had about 8 passes that were poor throws.  Some were extremely poor.

So when people lock onto every throw Cam makes, and when he misses a receiver, it doesn't mean "OMG Cam is so inaccurate.  That guy was open and he completely overthrew/underthrew him!!111!!"

Even in the greatest performance I have personally seen, the guy had some misses.  And BAD misses.

It is called being an NFL QB.  Quit hanging onto a couple of bad throws in a game as evidence of inaccuracy, when even the greatest QB in the NFL in his greatest game of his career also misses badly.

Cam needs to improve on decision making and really a multitude of things. And I don't expect him to ever be as good as Manning.  But his accuracy is fine as compared to other QBs.  And missing receivers even multiple times in a game is not an abnormal thing that is only exclusive to Cam Newton

/rant

#42 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

I don't get the "greatest QB performance" ever angle to this game, and I watched it intently. The stat line is fantastic, but it's not even close to the greatest QB performance I've seen, not when I think back to Kurt Warner's wild card game against Rodgers, or Rodgers playoff game against Atlanta. Like teeray said, there were a number of poor throws, and the difficulty level of the vast majority of them were marginal at best. I mean, guys were getting wide open all night once the Ravens defense tired out, so the GOAT angle is definitely overblown to me.

Hell, I just plugged the numbers into my QBA system and it spit out a 73.14 out of 100, which wouldn't have been in the top 20 scores of 2012.

#43 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,052 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Reading this you wouldnt know it was a panthers forum. Definitely some Cam haters here

#44 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,683 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

Elway has put together quite a little team there.  They have to be the ones to beat, as long as Foxy stays the hell out of the offense, and let's Manning take control.

#45 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

cam newton wishes he can be as inaccurate as manning has been tonite and still push for an nfl record at the same time.

I know right, it has nothing to do with that great receiver core he has either....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.