Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Peyton Manning and his accuracy issues, should Broncos be concerned?

Best Answer BBQ&Beer, 06 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Really? a thread hating on Peyton fuging Manning?? jeez get off Cam's weiner

No. A thread hating on people that take a handful of plays & uses those as evidence that a is inaccurate. Jeez, learn to read for comprehension. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#46 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

I know right, it has nothing to do with that great receiver core he has either....

but but, you know we have Lafell and AE right? according to the huddle they are top notch #2 and #3 options

#47 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

Here we go again. No panther fans want cam to fail. We all want him to be the best qb to ever live. Quit whining

#48 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,873 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

To address the topic headline, no, I don't think the Broncos should be concerned, they've built this offense around Manning and as long as he isn't forced to dial up repeated shots downfield he'll be the same old surgeon he's always been.

#49 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

Peyton sux

#50 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,374 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

Someone can't hold their pisswater beers :)

#51 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

Tee, I just have to say . . that was diabolical

#52 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,813 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

Someone doesn't get it. :(

I get it, I just think its a moronic attempt to cover up one of Cam's legit deficiencies.

#53 tgrfan01

tgrfan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

cam is 13-15 as a starter.compared to peytons record as a starter which im sure is way better.comparing cam to peyton is just insane.once cam has had a winning season as a starter then we can over look his over throws and so on.it is what it is.fact is look at peytons stats after the game.he can afford to do stuff like that.

#54 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 16,813 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

Comparing Cam's accuracy to Peyton's isn't even fair.

#55 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,537 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

I hope Shula was taking notes. Manning was dinking and dunking early in the game which set up longer passing plays.

#56 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,355 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

Bunch of fuging beta-males in this fan base. Sound like teenage girls all lined up to lust after the 'cute boy' in school. Kiss your Peyton posters and STFU. Smells like Summer's Eve in this thread.

#57 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,492 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

I get it, I just think its a moronic attempt to cover up one of Cam's legit deficiencies.

Yeah. Except it isn't a deficiency. It is being a QB. Only some of our fans have him under so much of a microscope that every bad throw is about "his lack of accuracy".

It is BS. I am.not saying Can is goat and perfect and has nothing to work on.

But whenever I see people post about his accuracy they talk about a handful of plays in each game.

All I proved is that it happens to all QBs even the great ones, and there is no real evidence that Cam is abnormally inaccurate when compared with the rest of the QBs in the NFL

#58 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,492 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

cam is 13-15 as a starter.compared to peytons record as a starter which im sure is way better.comparing cam to peyton is just insane.once cam has had a winning season as a starter then we can over look his over throws and so on.it is what it is.fact is look at peytons stats after the game.he can afford to do stuff like that.

Wait. So now we judge accuracy by wins and losses?

#59 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 16,813 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

It's usually a handful of plays in a game that decides the outcome.

Perfect example is Cam's throw to seal the loss against Seattle last season. An accurate throw would have likely won the game.

However, looking just at completion percentage paints a broader picture. Cam is under 60% for his career.

If he wants respect as a passer he's going to have to get above 60% and justly so.

#60 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,492 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

It's usually a handful of plays in a game that decides the outcome.

Perfect example is Cam's throw to seal the loss against Seattle last season. An accurate throw would have likely won the game.

However, looking just at completion percentage paints a broader picture. Cam is under 60% for his career.

If he wants respect as a passer he's going to have to get above 60% and justly so.

That has more to do with decision making and the throws he has been asked to make more than anything to do with accuracy.

Alex Smith got replaced despite his 70% completion percentage. Completion % is not the best measuring stick for accuracy.

As a matter of fact Cam was more accurate in throws down field than his counterparts and made more of those throws than his counterparts (+20 yards)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.