Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Wagner doesn't think Cam can beat them by throwing.

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#31 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

Not that I don't think Cam can throw on them, but I think we'll need Ginn to complete at least 1 deep pass this game to keep the defense honest. If we can show that someone other than Smitty can get open deep early in this game, then it will allow for more opportunities to Olsen, Smith, and Edwards.

#32 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

my guess they are looking at the last game against them where he was 12-19 for 141 yards, but that game was a life time ago we have a much better group of receivers. honestly i think its a mistake that will bite them in the ass early and often

#33 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

If they put 8 in the box Greg Olsen will have a career day.

#34 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

He gets to watch Kuechly play this week,  first hand.      Wagner should be more concerned with keeping his pad and pen next to him so he can take notes on how a superior MLB plays the game.  

#35 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

Run defense is their worst area on D, by far. This sounds like reverse psychology, tbh. "I know we have a shitty d-line and awesome CBs, so why don't you try to throw on us? Please?"

LOL, exactly. 

Cam has thrown for more yards than any QB in his first 2 years and Wagner doesn't believe he can beat them with his arm? 

Cool story Bobby, good luck with that... Hey, while your in town ask Luke to show you his DROY trophy. Cam can show Wilson is OROY trophy (which he won while breaking the 18 year old record for most passing yards by a rookie QB). 

#36 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

How is this a jab at Cam? Seattle objectively has the best secondary in football (number 1 in pass defense last year). Their ideal gameplan will always be forcing the opposing team to air out. Saying he doesn't think Cam will be able to succeed in the passing game against the #1 secondary in the league doesn't sound like some major diss...I'm sure he feels that way about every quarterback (or he'd at least vocalize it).

Some of you are just overly sensitive about any comments made about our team...I mean, I get upset at any blatant disrespect our team gets, but this is nonsense. If we came out and said "we want to make them beat us on the ground" I'd take that as more a testament to our front 7 than a diss on Lynch. I know he called Cam by name, but he's our quarterback...all passing goes through him obviously.

#37 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,953 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

You don't simply take the run away from cam. He will run on you and make you look stupid doing it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#38 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

Weird how this was tweeted by the media after I posted the article on the huddle

http://www.carolinah...attle-seahawks/

Its almost like they use this joint for ideas

#39 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,112 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Dan Morgan thinks this cat is better than Kuechly?  dude can't even form coherent sentences....

#40 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

He brings up a good point: Cam struggles w/accuracy. He's not consistant enough to beat the elite teams.

#41 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Weird how this was tweeted by the media after I posted the article on the huddle

You are also the media.

#42 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

He brings up a good point: Cam struggles w/accuracy. He's not consistant enough to beat the elite teams.

Meh...if you ask him to play the game like Brady then yeah his consistancy is an issue.

If he gets help? He can sling it and there isn't a throw he can't make. But you let him be a big chunk QB. Good D's get beat

#43 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

The goal of any defense is to try to make the opposing offense one dimensional. You want to try to force them out of their comfort zone. If you can shut down the run and force them to have to throw the ball then you've won half the battle, no matter who the QB is.

#44 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

It might be time for another Fox to the Giants experiment.

#45 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

So, let me get this straight...

They plan on taking the run away from Cam when we're going to be missing both JStew and Barner. All the while, we have Smitty, Cam, and now a legitimate home run threat in Ginn?

Good luck with that, Seattle.

LOL we'll see  how long that lasts during Sunday's game. Remember Cam's rookie year when everybody tried to make Cam beat them with his arm? over 300 yards in the first 2 games almost 400 in the 3rd. I pray they commit to stopping the run

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.