Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dredd

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Fun movie, but the slow-motion scenes really blew.  I know they were used as a way to tell the story of the drug, but we didn't need 10 minutes of the movie in slow-motion.

I'm still jaded by the Stallone version, I expect Dredd to have a deep and manly voice only to have Urban talk ever so gingerly.

Posted

an underrated movie, internet (reddit) loved it. don't think it did so hot in the US

Having 3D in the title killed its chances at the movie theater

Posted

I really like the movie when I saw it last year. I really enjoyed it. I'd love to see a sequel but I doubt it will be made.

I really liked Karl Urban as Dredd, but I really like Karl Urban in scifi movies... =)

I thought for a style piece (ultra violent) it really worked well for me.  I am not a reader of the comics, but the idea is fascinating.  I really liked how they handled the female judge, and the corrupt judges.  Just a fun movie not to take seriously if you don't mind gruesome violence, bad acting, and Karl Urban being bad ass!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

EDIT:  Emblishment

Posted

You need to watch "The Raid" it's a movie out of Malaysia, so it's subs, but it's awesome.