Photo
- - - - -

Who Loses Us The Game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#61 Achilles

Achilles

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

We got beat by a better coached team.  Plain and simple.  Seattle is a winning organization that is used to winning.  Down 7-6 in the fourth quarter, you could tell they turned it on just enough to beat us.

We are a losing organization that is used to losing.  Mental lapses and lack of discipline rear their heads every time it seems like we might turn the corner.

RR is a mediocre coach. He is the common denominator in every single loss.  13-20 in 3 seasons.  Practically NONE of those 13 wins came when the Panthers were still a viable playoff contender.

I don't want to say fire the coach after just one game...and I don't think we will.  But I really wonder how long this can go on.  If we are 0-3 at the bye, I think he will be gone.  Maybe it will turn around.  Probably it won't.

#62 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

Deangelo fumbling and it's not close. There are no other contenders here.

#63 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

Quite honestly, I think the referees made some horrible calls that helped keep momentum from swinging in our direction.

Then Deangelo fumbled. He hangs on I think we get 7 and its 14-12. Defense would have held them.

#64 CarolinaNut

CarolinaNut

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

to me this game came down the 3 mistakes...

Deangelo's fumble and Greg Olsen's two drops in the first half which would have been big gains and put the team in FG range

#65 SteveSmithTD89

SteveSmithTD89

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

I can dig it but one of those was a good D play

I think you're thinking of the one in the endzone.  That was a good play, but we still got the smitty TD afterewards.  I'm talking about the one that he came out on a wheel route and had nothing but space for at least 20 yards on 3rd down.  Drive over.  Then on 3rd and long Cam laced a laser through 3 defenders that hit Olson in both hands as he was sliding to the ground.  Tough play, but he makes it 9 times out of 10.  Both would put the panthers in FG range and at a time when our D was already eating Seattles cookies and they were netting 2-3 yards per drive... Very easily could have gotten out of hand.

#66 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

I think that technically, DWill's fumble was the stake through our heart. The game plan, while bland, was probably the appropriate one for who we were playing. Punting on fourth and inches, given where we were on the field and the dubious probability of success against a stellar Seahawks defense, was the right move. Had we been on the other side of the field, I would say go for it, but from where we were failure would have been disastrous. The penalties, the stupid mental errors, the lack of involvement by other receivers - all were contributing factors in the loss, but even factoring those things in, we were within a couple of yards of pulling out the W had DeAngelo not coughed it up...and I don't really blame him for that - the triple tackle and strip is something not many can easily prevent. 

#67 Qu1million

Qu1million

CantBeatMeInMadden!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

I think you're thinking of the one in the endzone. That was a good play, but we still got the smitty TD afterewards. I'm talking about the one that he came out on a wheel route and had nothing but space for at least 20 yards on 3rd down. Drive over. Then on 3rd and long Cam laced a laser through 3 defenders that hit Olson in both hands as he was sliding to the ground. Tough play, but he makes it 9 times out of 10. Both would put the panthers in FG range and at a time when our D was already eating Seattles cookies and they were netting 2-3 yards per drive... Very easily could have gotten out of hand.

Ur right, I thought that was the play

#68 osd22

osd22

Weltmeister

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

- D´Wills fumble

- 2 drops by Olsen

- Letting the clock run out at the end of the 1st half with 3 timeouts left (play not to loose mind)

- A. Smith´s two mistakes combinded with Josh Thomas`mistake  at ST

Minus one of them and you have a good chance of winning the game. Minus two of them and you have a 85% chance of winning this game. Minus three and you will win. IMO it is always the combination of more than one incident, also yesterday.