Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

30+ seconds left in the 1st half and you have the ball.........

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Ok, the argument could be made for both sides. But when you have 30+ seconds left and the ball in your hands you try to score...

This is what pisses me off about Rivera. ----- You are playing an explosive team who can score at anytime and they are due to get the ball 1st in the 2nd half, you go and try to score.

.....Until Rivera can get his balls out of the freezer expect more of the same...

#2 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Yea, but they did only score 12 points and we were deep in our own territory.. would you say the same thing if Cam put it up and it turned into a pick 6? We were winning at the time..

#3 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,176 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

Aren't you supposed to be banned?

#4 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

He made the right call there. That's not enough time to do much when pretty much every play has to be 15-20 yards or 10 and out type of plays. Much higher chance of Cam throwing a pick and it getting returned then of getting even just 50 yards and FG in that time.

#5 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Why the fug isn't this guy banned??? Zod a bet is a bet right? OP what yard line were we on at that time???? Yeah a pick there would've been great, go watch Snow Dogs

#6 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

30 seconds with 3 TOs is enticing.

But you defense just escaped with a Turnover after a long drive and the other team still has two TOs, a turn over would just completely shift momentum.

That was a good call. This isn't madden.

#7 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,668 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

There are like 15 other things you could bring up as to why we lost, this isn't one of them.

#8 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Running out the clock was a good call, no issues there.  Had it been a minute or more, then yes I would be a bit aggravated.

#9 bab270

bab270

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Running out the clock was not a bad decision. They were just as likely to score as we were had we tried to score. Not worth the risk at that point in the game.

4th and inches on our own 30? Punt is the right call. Sure, we'd get it 65% of the time, but the risk was not worth the reward.

The only questionable one was not going for it 4th and 2 at the 50. I think if it would have been 4th and 1 or inches, they would have gone for it, but 2 was too long. That one can go either way. I do believe the refs spotted that ball about a yard short because they put it where Cam's knees went down rather than where the ball was.

#10 jopie87

jopie87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationStanton, Ca

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

The right call was made here. Now the 4th and half an inch decision to punt, I question that.

#11 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,929 posts

It would be different if we were at the 50, but I think we were on our own 20.. just too risky to end the first half with the lead

#12 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,528 posts

Aren't you supposed to be banned?

He should be after this dumbass thread.

#13 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

he did make the RIGHT call. He always makes the RIGHT call. But when can we change the meaning of RIGHT to something other than SAFE

We are still losing, even when we make the RIGHT call.

When you walk into the lions den, you dont tip toe. You walk right up to that SOB and punch him right in the mouth.

#14 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,808 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Why the fug isn't this guy banned??? Zod a bet is a bet right? OP what yard line were we on at that time???? Yeah a pick there would've been great, go watch Snow Dogs

Actually the Seahawks didn't accept the bet. Even they thought we'd win this game.

#15 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Yeah-- I bet Ron Rivera would have gave his left nut for those 30 seconds at the end of the game.... You play to win the game.... Cant be a pussy...

#2-- Why the fug all the hate for me--- holy poo you would think I fugged all your moms...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.