Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rags

WR is, and will be, the biggest need on this team.

76 posts in this topic

Our offense was chugging along like a nice new shiny sports car with a bad catalytic converter. It was like a Kirby vac that couldn't suck up poo because of a clogged filter.  

Shula needs to let the offense breathe. And if he doesn't it's because he must not have enough faith in Cam and/or the weapons around him.  I had Foxball flashbacks today.

Cam admitted that Shula called for long pass plays to loosen up the secondary and open the intermediate routes but he didn't throw them.  That is Cam trusting the offensive line so he can concentrate on throwing further down the field. It is Cam having trust in guys not named Smith or Olsen.  Cam can throw great deep balls when he feels relaxed in the pocket. But he can't do that unless we can protect him.  The success of our passing game is directly related to how effective our line is picking up rushers.  Cam was under  some duress today as was Wilson. It was a defensive struggle that was won by the team making the fewest turnovers.   How many passes did he throw to LaFell or Ginn or Edwards or Hixon?  I was at the game but didn't remember many.  A good pass to Ginn for a first down.   What else?  Don't receivers need opportunities?  If Cam gave up on Olsen after his first 2 drops, how  many would he have caught? Our offense hasn't gelled yet but has shown flashes.  Did it seem that we ran the ball better after  Garry Williams went down?

The Panthers were without their starting RG (Williams got hurt early) and their starting LG (Amini).  As a result, they played with 2nd & 3rd string offensive lineman for most of the day.  This had to affect play-calling, and changed their plans somewhat.  Wharton, Byers, and Scott played musical chairs all day.  No way this helped the chemistry of the line, and Cam's ability to make plays.  I know Gary Williams has been criticized a lot, but he was having a good game until he got hurt and his injury does not help the Panthers o-line play.   I expect the Panthers to sign a few O-Lineman this week because the Panthers are really thin at O-line now.  Hopefully Amini is healthy enough to start against Buffalo.  And hopefully Wharton will get in better shape, and fast because I think the Panthers will need him. 

lafell can't get open

1 person likes this

They had multiple shots to get a stop at the end and they didn't. For me the turning point was the special teams turnover. From there our defense was off schedule on rest and recovery. They had a pass rusher out via stupidity too. There are reasons why they couldn't make the stop but it still falls on them to stop the other team from getting first downs and touchdowns.

I'm sure that had nothing to do with being on the field the entire second half.

Boldin has 200 yards lol...who was our 5th round pick again?

Cam desperately needs a dependable weapon. Right now, we've got an aging HOF'er who is double teamed, a #2 receiver in LaFell who disappears when the team needs him most, and... that's it.

I hope we trade up for Lee, Evans, Watkins, etc this off-season.

Boldin has 200 yards lol...who was our 5th round pick again?

I think the '9ers gave a sixth round pick for him.

I think the '9ers gave a sixth round pick for him.

Right but in order to outbid them we would have had to give a 5th....

Ill take bigger faster stronger CBs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this