Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toolbox

4th and inches

181 posts in this topic

lol you are talking about one yard while i've been talking about 2 inches on 4th down..

You failed to mention that belichick was more successful at converting those 4th downs than not.. so yeah.

So you have an actual stat to back that up, right?  You're not just pulling it out of your ass?

Anybody will tell you that the vast majority of NFL coaches make that same call on fourth down unless they're in dire danger of losing.  The Panthers were winning at the time and the defense was playing well.

But heck, let's just go for it on fourth down every time.  After all, IT'S FOOTBALL! :rolleyes:

1 person likes this

So you have an actual stat to back that up, right?  You're not just pulling it out of your ass?

Anybody will tell you that the vast majority of NFL coaches make that same call on fourth down unless they're in dire danger of losing.  The Panthers were winning at the time and the defense was playing well.

But heck, let's just go for it on fourth down every time.  After all, IT'S FOOTBALL! :rolleyes:

I didnt see you post stats either smart ass

I was watching that and thinking we never have a coach with balls enough to win the game. Imagine the Panthers with Harbaugh as coach

Harbaugh who??? Says Jerry.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

4th and 2....up and home against an opponent that wasnt doing much?

That doesn't seem smart....not with how our D was playing. Keep playing field position. Can't set them up

Guess we disagree. Bottom line is we lost with the way we did it. So it didn't work. We will never know what would have happened had we gone for it there :- We needed momentum on offense and failed to get any in the second half. That could have been the spark. Like I said. We will never know. Tired of losing seasons. I hope we win next week.

Guess we disagree. Bottom line is we lost with the way we did it. So it didn't work. We will never know what would have happened had we gone for it there :- We needed momentum on offense and failed to get any in the second half. That could have been the spark. Like I said. We will never know. Tired of losing seasons. I hope we win next week.

We got the ball back...

Offense was marching down field....all the way to the Seattle 10. We had momentum. Then we fumbled.

I didnt see you post stats either smart ass

I know very few coaches go for it on fourth except in desperate situations, and anyone with an even halfway decent knowledge of the NFL can tell you that.

I also know from reading your posts that you don't know much about situational football.

1 person likes this

I know very few coaches go for it on fourth except in desperate situations, and anyone with an even halfway decent knowledge of the NFL can tell you that.

I also know from reading your posts that you don't know much about situational football.

Hey some love to play it safe and some have the balls to take the risks that can win or lose you games.. maybe I am just tired of the same ol same ol with this team and would love to see some risks being taken.. sue me.

Hey some love to play it safe and some have the balls to take the risks that can win or lose you games.. maybe I am just tired of the same ol same ol with this team and would love to see some risks being taken.. sue me.

Going for it on fourth and inches in your own territory when you have only a slim lead and your defense has been playing well, isn't a presence of balls, its a lack of brains.