Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4th and inches

181 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't know what you are talking about because our only 4th and inches to my memory was relatively early in the game on our side of the field. There was a ton of 4th and 2s. I did not disagree with a single coaching decision today. The players lost the game.

5 people like this

Posted

4th AND inches should be a easy convert with a QB like Cam on this team. We do nothing to take advantage of the one asset NO OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE HAS. The falcons game last year isnt even the main head scratcher, i have been noticing this for the past 2 seasons.

Posted

You don't belong in the NFL if you cant convert a 4th and fuging inches.. gtfo.

There are a lot of teams that don't belong in the NFL because it happens every week.

Posted

The time when it was literally like 3-4 inches probably.

I thought we was going to use Tolbert more?  4th and inches in a close game is perfect for Tolbert.

Why haven't we learned we CANNOT trust this team to keep leads?

Posted

Rivera acts like our team has something to lose.

Going for it in 4th and inches is opportunity to swing momentum, give your defense a rest, and make up for the lack of talent you have in some areas. He has yet to show any balls as a head coach. He thinks he has arrived therefore he has nothing to gain in going for it. I'm tired of it myself.

7 people like this

Posted

Rivera made the same mistake against the falcons last year. But then he called a bunch of rival coaches, and they told him he made the right call. He will never learn.

Different game and circumstances....

for example, we got the ball back and were marching down the field. All the way down to the 10 and fumbled....that is the play the sticks out. Not an earlier punt

Nothing wrong with punting today.

Posted

We were 3 of 9 on 4th down conversions last year. That's 33%, or a 66% chance that Seattle gets the ball deep in Carolina territory.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is why rivera needs to take a hike and gettleman hire a coach with some damn balls.

. . .in your own side of the field.

I swear to God, i think some of you have never seen a football game before.

6 people like this

Posted

Can hear it now if Ron had went for it and the play got blown up... 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ron Fox

3 people like this

Posted

The players lost the game.

this.

it's time to take a real good look at the roster.

Posted

4th and inches anywhere I would have a hard time punting. If you can stop me from getting inches you deserve to get the ball back.