Photo
* - - - - 3 votes

4th and inches

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
180 replies to this topic

#25 jopie87

jopie87

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Different game and circumstances....

for example, we got the ball back and were marching down the field. All the way down to the 10 and fumbled....that is the play the sticks out. Not an earlier punt

Nothing wrong with punting today.

The fumble was the dagger, I question the punt because it was such a short distance. And on the next drive, Seattle took a whole 2 plays to get back to where the conversion attempt would have been from.

But yes, if DWill doesn't fumble, this punt would be forgotten.

#26 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

This is why rivera needs to take a hike and gettleman hire a coach with some damn balls.

this times

pissed me off the first time he did it. even more pissed off the second time. it was at that moment i realized that he is the same lame coach he's been the first couple years.

i don't care if the players like him. they aren't winning with him. he can't get the job done.

find someone that can. if he's got a losing record going into the bye, he needs to be gone.

no more excuses. just win. if the players don't want him gone, then they need to make up for his insufficiences.

#27 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

We were 3 of 9 on 4th down conversions last year. That's 33%, or a 66% chance that Seattle gets the ball deep in Carolina territory.

Were those 4th and a matter of 2-3 inches though?  4th and 1 and 4th and 2 are a LOT different than 4th and a few inches, especially when you have Tolbert and Cam on your team.  This really doesn't apply here.

#28 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

Can hear it now if Ron had went for it and the play got blown up... 

at least we'd know he's got testicles.

#29 Goondal

Goondal

The Goon

HUDDLER

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

We had two opportunities on fourth and short, never went for it.  That being said, most coaches do not go for it.  Rivera played it by the book.  It is the book that is wrong.

#30 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

this times

pissed me off the first time he did it. even more pissed off the second time. it was at that moment i realized that he is the same lame coach he's been the first couple years.

i don't care if the players like him. they aren't winning with him. he can't get the job done.

find someone that can. if he's got a losing record going into the bye, he needs to be gone.

no more excuses. just win. if the players don't want him gone, then they need to make up for his insufficiences.

What coach do you think is gonna come in week 4 and turn us into a winning team? The only thing that will happen with firing Rivera during the season is exploding the season and pissing off the players. Smith likely retires, and I doubt Cam sticks around to "rebuild" through his prime. Hardy probably signs with whichever team Rivera gets signed as d-coordinator.

#31 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

. . .in your own side of the field.

I swear to God, i think some of you have never seen a football game before.

The 4th and inches was close to the 50 yard line.. that's not a bad place to attempt to go for it.. if its back at the 20 you would have a point.

#32 rico6

rico6

Shit.

HUDDLER

it's not the 4th and inches that point out, it's Russel Wilson with his all-star cast of Wide Receivers outright raping our secondary.

Russel had what Cam was supposed to have today. Bizzaro week definitely.

#33 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

So you're telling me there's a chance....

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

I think the more disgusting decision was to have the ball around your own 30, around 35 seconds left in the half, all three timeouts left, Seahags get the second half kick off, and you do nothing. Couldn't we have at least tried to pick up 30-40 yards to attempt a FG. Did he really think the Hags were only going to score 3 points? Yeah I know it's taking a risk. But you have to take risks. That conservative poo ain't going to win you nothing.

#34 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

I think the more disgusting decision was to have the ball around your own 30, around 35 seconds left in the half, all three timeouts left, Seahags get the second half kick off, and you do nothing. Couldn't we have at least tried to pick up 30-40 yards to attempt a FG. Did he really think the Hags were only going to score 3 points? Yeah I know it's taking a risk. But you have to take risks. That conservative poo ain't going to win you nothing.

They had 2 timeouts as well, if we turn the ball over they could do the same exact thing AND receive the 2nd half kick off.

#35 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

I don't know that anyone could make the wrong call there. Your QB is 6 foot 5, built like a linebacker, and has incredible drive in piles. put him under center, run him up the gut.

Don't get me wrong, if it's me, that is my exact mindset there. I think statistically we're something like 24 for 25 on converting 3rd and 4th downs with 1 or less to go, IIRC. That is because of Cam.

But, at the point he passed it up the first time, I was okay because I was still hoping/believing we were going to suddenly show that aggressive-downfield approach and start racking up points... Which never happened, lol.

#36 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

this times ∞

You wanted him to go for it on the Panther 34? Up? Against a Seahawk team that wasnt doing much at that point?

4th and 2nd at the 50? Up....against against a Seattle team that wasnt doing much?

neither of those are comparable to Atl IMO.

Should of punted. Should it of allowed the big TD pass and fumbled