#46 xav8tor

xav8tor

Foul Weather Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationOff the Grid

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

We looked like absolute crap, save for a few plays.  After dropping five bills to take a friend to his first game, I am embarrassed, but would have been pissed regardless.   I don't even even need to check the stats.  I know what I saw.  We were outplayed on both sides of the ball.  Perhaps the the bottom of the barrel was Shula sending DWill straight up some guy's butt.  Where was our potentially potent long game? All it have would have taken was one TD.  For that matter, where the hell was the dominant defense?  Of all the obvious blunders, the first that needs to be addressed is the immediate firing of Shuia  for his calling and RR should not be far behind for his lack of gonads.  What a cluster fug.  Yes, I was very optimistic and supportive of all of these guys, but if this first game performance was indicative of the rest of the season - not so much  You don't need a resume full of pro football experience to see this this was a totally avoidable disaster, and an abysmal way to start the season  If you think otherwise, you are either a rabid homer, uninformed, blind, or any combo thereof.

TLDR:  Today, we sucked bilge water.

#47 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

We got beat by a better team, simple as that.

Yeah you're right, they might be the better team and would prob win 6 or 7 times out of 10. But they were not the better team today, we just shot ourselves in the foot with turnovers, drops, and playing too conservative 

#48 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

We looked like absolute crap, save for afew plays. After dropping five bills to take a friend to his first game, I am embarrassed. but would have been pissed regardless. I don't even even need to check thes tats. I know what I saw. We were outplayed on both sides of the ball. Perhaps the the bottom of the barrel was Shula sending DWill straight uo some guy's butt. Where was our potentially potent long game? All it have would have taken was one TD. For that matter, where the hell was the dominate defense? Of all the obvious blunders, the first that needs to be addressed is the immediate firing of Shuia and RR should not be far behind. What a cluster you know what. Yes, I was very optimistic and supportive of all of these guys, but if this first game performance was indicative of the rest of the season not so much You don't need a resume full of pro football experience to see this this was a totally avoidable disaster, and an abysmal way to start the season If you think otherwise, you are either a rabid homer, uninformed, blind, or any combo thereof.

TLDR: Today, we sucked bilge water.

Dude quit smoking that dank. Apparently you are the one that "needs to get in the know" either that or you got some reeeaally crappy seats watching a completely different game then I do. Straight up I completely agree with TCF here we executed our gameplan and practically dominated them. If you couldn't see how badly they were rattled then you probably were experiencing sun poisoning. Seriously though the only thing that gave them life or we would've put them away was Josh Thomas making a bone headed move and botching that punt return up for us that gave them the ball back. That's what gave those boys life again and what's more ridiculous is we still came out and man handled them on defense!!! You honestly have to give props for that hit on D lo that forced the ball out and essentially and luckily won the game for them. It wasn't because of bad play calling because it really was a very well called game on Shulas part even though I hate to admit it and Rivera made the right call to punt the ball because our defense was shutting them the f down and I dunno if ya really noticed but uhm when we actually showed them hey we are running the ball what are you going to do about it? They stepped up to the plate n put our dicks in the dirt. But hey! Shula turned right around and started to spread them out and instead of running to open the pass we passed to open up the run. It was a great game for the team and no I really am not making excuses for them. Russell Wilson pulled some passes straight out of his arse and was lucky as hell. Dude was running for his life out there ! Josh Thomas had a really bad game marred by 3 big mistakes along with armond smith. I really am impressed by what I saw out of the boys today and just like the rest of the teams Carolina has always started off slow and then started to gel as the season progresses. And then insert Stewart. .. pffft are you f'ing kidding me? You guys may doubt this team and you know granted the last few years I get it. But open up your eyes because I'll be damned if we didn't open up the seahawks eyes up. I garauntee you this is the last team those guys want to see come January. I was hesitant before but after witnessing that game today put my arse on the train! I'm swimming in the koolaid!

#49 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

I don't think I could ever feel pretty good after a loss.

#50 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Sorry if that was a wall of text. That was posted from my phone on the 6 hour trip back to the state of Virginia. Oh and I paid for 3 lower lvl tickets all the gas and food. Cry me a frigging river dude.

#51 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,060 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

You need some alcohol Zod.

#52 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

You need some alcohol Zod.

Roger that, good buddy

#53 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,329 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

Did someone really just type that we dominated them?

Wow.

#54 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

Yup. Sure did.

#55 PantherBoy95

PantherBoy95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Yeah I want to feel encouraged. I do after this game...but this needs to be THE LAST moral victory for us. I am so tired of always saying "We have potential" "All we need to do is....". I hope they get out there and DO it, I love this team and see greatness in them.

#56 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

We only managed 250 yrds total offense for the game against a depleted Seatle team at home. The sad thing is we ran the ball well and Cam was accurate. Imagine how ugly it would have been minus one of the above. 

Shula has got to speed things up and be more aggressive. 

We are still dealing with the same poo every year (BLOWN COVERAGE and TURNOVERS LATE)

#57 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,871 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

This is the kind of close game that we needed to win to demonstrate that we have turned a corner.  The way we looked on offense today didn't allay any of the concerns that I've had about our broken-winged offense.  Cam to Smitty. Cam to Olsen.  Now, we did have a D-Will sighting, but nothing spectacular.  Basically: The more things change, the more things stay the same.  

G-man fixed the interior of the D-line and got us under the cap. Great! But nothing else has really changed.

I applaud you for being optimistic, but I am flat out disappointed. At this point in our organization's history, and our team's development, there are no moral victories.  

#58 xav8tor

xav8tor

Foul Weather Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationOff the Grid

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

Dude quit smoking that dank. Apparently you are the one that "needs to get in the know" either that or you got some reeeaally crappy seats watching a completely different game then I do. Straight up I completely agree with TCF here we executed our gameplan and practically dominated them. If you couldn't see how badly they were rattled then you probably were experiencing sun poisoning. Seriously though the only thing that gave them life or we would've put them away was Josh Thomas making a bone headed move and botching that punt return up for us that gave them the ball back. That's what gave those boys life again and what's more ridiculous is we still came out and man handled them on defense!!! You honestly have to give props for that hit on D lo that forced the ball out and essentially and luckily won the game for them. It wasn't because of bad play calling because it really was a very well called game on Shulas part even though I hate to admit it and Rivera made the right call to punt the ball because our defense was shutting them the f down and I dunno if ya really noticed but uhm when we actually showed them hey we are running the ball what are you going to do about it? They stepped up to the plate n put our dicks in the dirt. But hey! Shula turned right around and started to spread them out and instead of running to open the pass we passed to open up the run. It was a great game for the team and no I really am not making excuses for them. Russell Wilson pulled some passes straight out of his arse and was lucky as hell. Dude was running for his life out there ! Josh Thomas had a really bad game marred by 3 big mistakes along with armond smith. I really am impressed by what I saw out of the boys today and just like the rest of the teams Carolina has always started off slow and then started to gel as the season progresses. And then insert Stewart. .. pffft are you f'ing kidding me? You guys may doubt this team and you know granted the last few years I get it. But open up your eyes because I'll be damned if we didn't open up the seahawks eyes up. I garauntee you this is the last team those guys want to see come January. I was hesitant before but after witnessing that game today put my arse on the train! I'm swimming in the koolaid!

Make your excuses and accusations, all of which are unfounded. I don't smoke dank, whatever the hell thats is.  My seats were upper row club corners with a perfect viewpoint, not to mention the jumbo and feeds on my iPhone.  I know what I saw, and it stunk up BoA stadium.  I may, relatively speaking, not know jack poo about football, but I know a lot about strategy, winning, and attacking opponents. That game was winnable, and poor play, and play calling, blew it for us.  I'll save the three grand I had set aside for premium clubs this year for something else.  Can RR, Shula, et al (except maybe McDermott). renegotiate a few ludicrous vet K's if we keep them at all, and play far more aggressive ball.  Until then, I'll watch it on the tube.  That exhibition today, after all the talk of how much improved the team was, and how pumped/prepared they were, was a damn joke.  Seattle, is simply not nearly as good as they cracked ed up to be.  On the other hand, at best, the Panthers grossly underperformed.  Make all the excuses you want.  Just be prepared to line up with the rest of those soon to be unemployed if their performance today is indicative of the rest of the season.  That game today was a  fiasco and should have been a home blowout if half of what the Panthers team and coaches would have had us believe over the past few weeks contained a modicum of truth.  I spend plenty of money on Panthers tickets, in the store, and have even sprung for some private club gatherings.  I'm a rabid fan...since '95, but I'm no blind homer, and t I will not accept mediocrity, much less ineptitude...which was fully on display today.

#59 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

Yeah I understand the skepticism in the offense. At first and I really do believe that's what made me lose my voice I was yelling wtf are you doing Shula wtf is up with all the 2 te sets and then as the game progressed I realized. Damn dudes protecting cam and that o line because they were literally manning up pressing the receivers and putting 8 in the box. With that defense its a very good strategy. It was an extruciatingly hot day so he was doing this to keep the defense fresh and to wear them down while also giving the o line confidence as well as cam. Let's be honest here bro man has looked shaky at best and more so like he's been trying to NOT make that big mistake instead of simply going out there and making the plays that we're used to seeing him make ala Brett farve like. Once the seahawks thought they had us is right when he made the ::gasp:: adjustment on the fly and started to spread them out to run. Seriously guys when's the last time we saw a game time adjustment here in the Carolinas. . Fug I can't even remember that far back. Here's the main thing we need to look for out of Rivera. . How does this team bounce back next week. That's what I'll be grading and should really tell you guys what we have this year because right now. . Im shockingly suprised at what I saw. The big men of the o line made me proud today and we all know the true place these games are won and lost is in the trenches. And dammit soneone needs to smack Thomas in the back of the head for getting burnt not once but twice in a row on the same frigging play call!!! Mikell wasn't out there on those 2 plays either. I was like the fug is Dockery out there for? Any news on Gary williams btw?

#60 Oldmanrivera

Oldmanrivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

Lol man the over reaction game is redikulus

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.