Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newton says shula called unbelievable game

75 posts in this topic

Posted

disagree.  too conservative.  that second and 2 on the 38 i think.  deangelo got the ball both times and couldn't pick up the yards, meanwhile we have two GREAT short yardage backs in cam and tolbert.  neither got a touch, the hell was up with that?  only 3 designed runs for cam?  i know you need to protect your qb, but your best rb needs more than 3 designed runs

1 person likes this

Posted

Yep, Olsen was uncharacteristically poor today.

Yup and you're right about one thing.. Cam's drastic improvement he showed today in the short, timing based pass game shouldn't go ignored.

Posted

NFL caliber receivers dropping passes, runners fumbling and defenders losing their tempers and getting ejected? 

With all that going on the Panthers were still in position to win the game in the final minutes?

It seems like the players have no one to blame but themselves for this loss. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Basically, Carolina did on offense what ever spent all offseason claiming they should do......

yet people now claim it was wrong bc we lost.

We didn't lose bc of Shula.

Thomas, Williams, Smith? Yeah....those guys cost us.

pie for you sir, for being right

Posted

YES, WE ARE WILD ANIMALS AND NOT COMPLETELY SENTIENT BEINGS WITH FREE WILL, EXACTLY AND ALPHA AND BETA MALES ARE DECIDED  BY HOW YOU THINK AND NOT ANIMAL HIERARCHY, YOU ARE CLEARLY AN EXPERT ON THIS SUBJECT.

We don't have free will.  Everything you do is predetermined by reactions in your brain that occur up to 30 seconds before you perceive them as a decision or action.

Posted

Guys guys, it's preseason, were still running a vanilla offense. Now that the 5th game is over we can focus on our first regular season game at Buffalo.

Posted

Actually, as far as penalties go. Yes, it is Rivera's fault because we have a culture of lacking accountability.

Was it Rivera's fault we left a gunner out there that shouldn't be on the team in the first place after grape stomping some guy's balls and has no idea what the rules are regarding his job on STs?

Yeah that's

entirely Rivera's fault a young player made that mistake and I'm sure youcan tell that by how Smitty yelled at Rivera instead of the player.

And I seriously doubt we were on Cruise Control, running was the gameplan this game. I edited my post after, so I don't hink you saw this, so I'll quote it here.

"This was hard fought battle that went to the end. We played a top 3 defense and Shula called a game right. You want to run more than pass against a top 5 defense with an amazing secondary. Especially when they have a depleted d-line and in the heat and having traveled cross country."

The gameplan was never Air it out, the Seahawk's secondary is too good for our lackluster receiving core. We run it and make short passes, make them tired and bring in Saftey help and then go deep, just drops and other errors cased it not to come together.

But yeah, Shula's fault.

1 person likes this

Posted

According to Zod, Ginn was wide open down the field a few times, Cam just missed him.

Like he said in his quote about the gameplan.

Huh, how about that poo. Guess he wasn't covering for his OC after all and instead taking accountability for his actions. 

Posted

Who do you blame 49 offensive plays on? We had an advantage in TOP up until the fumble so that's not excuse.

Why do you need to blame anyone?

Posted

Yeah that's

entirely Rivera's fault a young player made that mistake and I'm sure youcan tell that by how Smitty yelled at Rivera instead of the player.

And I seriously doubt we were on Cruise Control, running was the gameplan this game. I edited my post after, so I don't hink you saw this, so I'll quote it here.

"This was hard fought battle that went to the end. We played a top 3 defense and Shula called a game right. You want to run more than pass against a top 5 defense with an amazing secondary. Especially when they have a depleted d-line and in the heat and having traveled cross country."

The gameplan was never Air it out, the Seahawk's secondary is too good for our lackluster receiving core. We run it and make short passes, make them tired and bring in Saftey help and then go deep, just drops and other errors cased it not to come together.

But yeah, Shula's fault.

I haven't out the blame on Shula. I felt he left something to be desired, but whst I am saying is we lose in a systematic way. The pattern is set. The blueprint is the same and we follow it time after time.

And you know as good as I do 99% of players aren't going to show their coach up during a game. Smitty had every right to rip into Armond, he should've known better after the first penalty. But he did it again. That is accountability. If you don't know, ask someone. Or... you could just go out there like an idiot and do the same thing because you have no fear of being held responsible for it by your joke of a coach. Perhaps Smitty ripped into him like that because in a locker room with a losing culture and a coaching staff thst doesn't know how to win, maybe he knows no one else will.

Posted

this game played out just like the last seahawks game.....the seahawks are tough but we put ourselves in a position to win and we blew it. you cant ask for much more than that

Posted

How many head coaches with 35 seconds and 3 timeouts before the half would run one running play and then let the clock expire?  Why not take a shot to Ginn downfield. I think we were on maybe the 35 yard like.

1 person likes this