74 replies to this topic

#16 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,316 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Cam was ~70% completion % today. He made a ton of excellent short throws, normally his weak point. There are some serious bright spots there.

#17 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

So when he calls a bad game are we going to go into the negatives?

7 points with an awesome game....high standards FTW

#18 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Cam was a little bit conservative today, but he was targeting the open man, not the down and distance, and now he just has to find the balance for himself between the two.

True, but the two Olsen drops would be changed our whole view on his game today IMO.

#19 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

You do realize late in the game we were all the way down to the Seattle 10.....ready to take the lead against the team most our crowing the NFC Champs?

If Williams doesn't fumble.....it certainly was a good called game.

People seem to forget no one puts up big numbers against Seattle. A good game is being in position to win against them. We were.

Shula actually schemed pretty good IMO for Seattle and based on how the game flowed.

Never has Cam thrown for less yards in a single game. Never. 

#20 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,953 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

I also would like to say Training Camp All-Pro Armanti Edwards sure showed out today, and Hixon sure was racking up the ass splinters per usual! The reason there were not deep shots downfield was because there was no one open. Smitty is our only viable WR.

#21 jopie87

jopie87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationStanton, Ca

Shula called a good game. Need to look no further than Chud and the Browns to see we have the right guy. Richardson in Cleveland is a top 5 back, they ran him 13 times, weeden threw it 53 times. The outcome today sucked, but we are a better team with balance.

#22 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Of course no complaints from Smith.  They were championing hard for Shula in the offseason.  Even if he does suck, they're not going to throw him under the bus.  The problem is, and has always been they're not enough playmakers on the offense.  The WR's, outside of Smith suck (like a good portion of us have been saying), and he doesn't really have enough time to take those deep shots downfield.  Also, Olsen is soft and inconsistent as hell.  He is not an elite TE.

Shula did a great job scheming Smith....unlike Chud did against Seattle.

He got LaFell lined up with Sherman...and got Smith good matchups. The short stuff is where they are vulnerable underneath and Shula went after it

#23 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,594 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

Cam was a little bit conservative today, but he was targeting the open man, not the down and distance, and now he just has to find the balance for himself between the two.

I thought Cam had a pretty great game.  Honestly.  Not just cause I am a nuthugger

#24 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,228 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

I love Smitty but, I'm not putting a lot of weight in what he's saying right now. I think he's feeling himself after a solid individual game.

That deep ball Olsen dropped might have been the best throw I've seen Cam make. Olsen dropped another with no one in sight that would have been a big gain.

I LOVE THIS WEBSITE SO MANY ARMCHAIR COACHES KNOW THAT THEY'RE RIGHT THAT THEY REFUSE TO ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THE THE PLAYERS SHOWING CONFIDENCE IN THEIR COACHES. GOD BLESS THE HUDDLE.

#25 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,130 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

I think he took chances but you can only take so many with the best secondary in the NFL. It really was a no fly zone today. Olsen needed to make his plays and 3 out of 4 he didnt.

#26 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,228 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Never has Cam thrown for less yards in a single game. Never. 

Would've been over 200 if it weren't for the Olsen drops. But whatever, it's all Shula's fault.

#27 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,316 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

I thought Cam had a pretty great game.  Honestly.  Not just cause I am a nuthugger

I agree. He was taking what the defense gave him, and the defense was not giving him much.

#28 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,316 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

True, but the two Olsen drops would be changed our whole view on his game today IMO.

Yep, Olsen was uncharacteristically poor today.

#29 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,953 posts

I LOVE THIS WEBSITE SO MANY ARMCHAIR COACHES KNOW THAT THEY'RE RIGHT THAT THEY REFUSE TO ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THE THE PLAYERS SHOWING CONFIDENCE IN THEIR COACHES. GOD BLESS THE HUDDLE.

Lol, just as I mentioned in another thread how so many here forgot that CJ called for the coaches to be fired instead of Hurney last season... yeah, they totally believe in him.

#30 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

I dont see why people bagging on Shula... I guess cause of the 400 yards Cam was putting up in his rookie year

D.Will fuging fumbled on a fuging play he shouldn't even fumbled on. I have no doubt we would have scored and stopped Wilson and ended the game, 1-0. Now we're sitting here 0-1 once again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com