74 replies to this topic

#61 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Why do you need to blame anyone?

Because, it was the same crap. If our season continues in another direction great. But we are all shell shocked from slow starts and 7 points is reminiscent of the past. Cam was efficient as was the rest of the offense but 5.2 ypa for cam is uncharacteristic and for a guy who throws a good deep ball is a little disappointing.

Listening on the radio, Ginn had his man beat by 5 yards and Cam stared down Olsen. We need plays designed Ginn because Cams eyes go from Smith to Olsen to run everytime. Some guys need to be game planned for.

#62 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Because, it was the same crap. If our season continues in another direction great. But we are all shell shocked from slow starts and 7 points is reminiscent of the past. Cam was efficient as was the rest of the offense but 5.2 ypa for cam is uncharacteristic and for a guy who throws a good deep ball is a little disappointing.

Listening on the radio, Ginn had his man beat by 5 yards and Cam stared down Olsen. We need plays designed Ginn because Cams eyes go from Smith to Olsen to run everytime. Some guys need to be game planned for.

The reason the Ginn thing worries me is because Cam did the same thing in preseason. He stared down Olsen and had Ginn streaking past the safety. He also had Ginn break open when Lafell dropped that pass against the Ravens. He's got to look at his options and quit being a 2 read guy.

#63 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,532 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

You do realize late in the game we were all the way down to the Seattle 10.....ready to take the lead against the team most our crowing the NFC Champs?

If Williams doesn't fumble.....it certainly was a good called game.

People seem to forget no one puts up big numbers against Seattle. A good game is being in position to win against them. We were.

Shula actually schemed pretty good IMO for Seattle and based on how the game flowed.

Bingo!

The Panther offense, just wasn't on the field enough, due to some of those Penalty calls on the defense, and critical drops by the Panthers, keeping them off the field.

However, they marched down the field when it counted late in the 4th qtr, minus D'Angelo's fumble of course. Oh well. 

#64 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

How many head coaches with 35 seconds and 3 timeouts before the half would run one running play and then let the clock expire?  Why not take a shot to Ginn downfield. I think we were on maybe the 35 yard like.

We were inside our 20 and thy had two timeutse left, and turn over would've been disastrous. I don't agree with Ron running out the clock a lot, but that time it was 100% the right call. 

#65 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

The reason the Ginn thing worries me is because Cam did the same thing in preseason. He stared down Olsen and had Ginn streaking past the safety. He also had Ginn break open when Lafell dropped that pass against the Ravens. He's got to look at his options and quit being a 2 read guy.

I agree, and I think he's starting to learn that.

I hope he picks up on that next week.

#66 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,532 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I agree, and I think he's starting to learn that.

I hope he picks up on that next week.

If you throw it deep to Ginn, with 30 secs left ending the half, the worst thing that can happen is, Seattle gets' the ball back near their goal line with the clock running out. 

#67 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

If you throw it deep to Ginn, with 30 secs left ending the half, the worst thing that can happen is, Seattle gets' the ball back near their goal line with the clock running out. 

They had two timeouts. Time would not have run out.

#68 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

It wasn't a 30 seconds left. Hell, the first play of the game should be thrown deep to Ginn if he's open. Try to out throw Ginn if he's one on one. More than likely to hit Ginn or grass than the defense.

#69 Sweeneyman

Sweeneyman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

The problem was execution. Not the play calling.

#70 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

We now understand why you're not a head coach in the nfl.

#71 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,211 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

I watched the Cam interview. He was trying really hard to be the guy everyone wants him to be in interviews. It's just not him.

#72 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,532 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

We now understand why you're not a head coach in the nfl.

I was talking about Seattle's own goal line, not the Panthers, in case Cam threw an interception. 

#73 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

If Cam heaved the ball down field about as deep as he could to gin, it'd probably be closer to  their 40, not their goal line.

We were inside our 20, Cam's not heaving the ball 90+yards down field.

#74 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

Basically, Carolina did on offense what ever spent all offseason claiming they should do......

yet people now claim it was wrong bc we lost.

We didn't lose bc of Shula.

Thomas, Williams, Smith? Yeah....those guys cost us.

I have to agree with you. Seattle didn't stop us on offense as much as we stopped ourselves. Like many of us saying it was poor execution at critical times not scheme or design. This time also it wasn't Newton's fault. He played well enough for us to win. If scheme.e were the problem we would have been stuffed and the receivers wouldn't have been open. Instead it was Olsen dropping balls or Williams fumbling twice. Execution errors which can and need to get fixed.

#75 shelbypanther

shelbypanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Shula still sucks.  His offenses have NEVER had a killer, go for your throat mentality.  He had a dynasty-level defense in TB and screwed Dungy out of at least two titles with his playcalling.

FWIW, if I were Alexander or Armond Smith, I would have decked Smitty for getting up in my grill.  If 89 doesn't just shut his mouth and play ball, that will happen by years end, and he won't have the chance to sucker punch them in the meeting room.  89's mouth and schtick is beyond old, and will really be old when the day comes he loses a step and becomes a liability on the field instead of an asset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com