• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 CelibatePimpv2.0

CelibatePimpv2.0

• NEWB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

This is what I was getting scared of, Cam becoming a game manager because he said so himself. He kept talking all offseason about taking what the defense gives him and I was scared this was going to happen; no shots down field. I hope he finds he balls and attempts those passes.

#17 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,356 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

If cam played like he was afraid to make a mistake, he wouldn't have made that tight through to olsen, that olsen dropped. He just has to look for ginn more in the next game.

Maybe with how good our D was playing.....and the fact Seattle is so good defensively he opted not to gamble. Which isn't a dumb way to play.

#18 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,495 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

you have Smitty, Oslen, LaFell on the field at the same time...  I know for a fact 2 of them were on the defenses radar...  Didn't get to see enough to watch LaFell (my bad), but do agree he should have had more catches in that stat column.  I also saw a major play where I think he was wide open and Cam missed him..  He missed someone..  None-the-less, this offense did not attack their opponents as I saw of those who were open.. 

so with that said, I'm still pissed off this team lost this game..  maybe some fan somewhere (particularly those watching the game like they have better answers) know what went wrong..  I see a few reasons where this went wrong...

#19 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

Bro sometimes the answer is already on the roster.

I would rather operating out of the 2 TE set. For whatever reason Cam operated better .I don't know if that someone is on the team

#20 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

we need to build around cam and take the shackles off of him.

WR, > DB = OL

#21 Lakelover

Lakelover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

I think Cam only looks for Smith and Olsen.  

#22 jopie87

jopie87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationStanton, Ca

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Seeing Boldin have a huge game for the 49ers breaks my heart. A 6th for Boldin. We could have had a sure handed, big, veteran WR for a 6th.

That's the kind of move great franchises make, and this one does not.

#23 MuchAdoAboutNewton

MuchAdoAboutNewton

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationNorth Cakalack

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

I actually agree lafell and armanti were non-existent i wonder if gettis would have been any better?

:lol:

#24 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

To me Cam played like he was afraid to make a mistake. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing going forward.

that's absolutely a bad thing.

it makes you timid, it leads to being obsessed with not making a mistake, and quite often leads to making even more mistakes.

we won't win games with that. he'll never live up to his potential with that. it needs to change.

you want to know what superman's kryptonite is? it's that.

#25 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,679 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

Seeing Boldin have a huge game for the 49ers breaks my heart. A 6th for Boldin. We could have had a sure handed, big, veteran WR for a 6th.

That's the kind of move great franchises make, and this one does not.

Boldin wasn't going anywhere but SF, it was a consolation prize between two brothers for losing the Superbowl.

#26 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,812 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

David Gettis!!

#27 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,386 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

i saw on more than one play...ginn lined up on the outside with man and a single high safely, who was leaning to the other side to help steve smith. Cam had chances to go deep he just didnt take them. 

#28 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

This guy wouldn't have been the worst signing...

nfl_a_boldin_gb3_576.jpg

#29 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,439 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

that's absolutely a bad thing.

it makes you timid, it leads to being obsessed with not making a mistake, and quite often leads to making even more mistakes.

we won't win games with that. he'll never live up to his potential with that. it needs to change.

you want to know what superman's kryptonite is? it's that.

Absolutely agree. If a quarterback becomes unsure of himself it can, and likely will, ruin them. You start second-guessing yourself and you either:

A. Hold on to the ball too long and some bad poo happens

or

B. Never go for the big play due to fear of a mistake, and nothing good ever really happens

I hope to God this hasn't happened to Cam.  He needs that balls-to-the-wall confidence bordering on arrogance he's been known for if he's going to be great.  That Brett Favre mentality.  That's the type of QB he is and he doesn't need to stray from it.  It's great that he's shown he's improved his short-medium throw accuracy and decision making, but not at the cost of where he really shines:

The big play factor.

#30 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

I thought the whole reason to have ginn at WR was to have the THREAT of going over the top.Even if he didn't catch it, the speed threat is there and you have to consider the threat. This team is very confusing and frustrating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com