Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam becoming a dink and dunk QB?

61 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've never been one to criticize Cam, and am very pro-cam. I also thought he played well today, I was just making an observation thats all.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I get this, but if he's got receivers open down the field and he's never looking that way, then it's a problem.

I want him to go through his progressions and pass to the first guy he sees open.

Sometimes guys are "open" because the QB is not looking that way, if he was looking that way the receiver may not be as open as people think.

I'm sure he will look at tape and make adjustments, but overall he had a great game

Posted · Report post

Nope did not see...did you?

Congrats to Seattle. I had Carolina in upset. Led for 3 qs. RWilson outplayed Cam, who failed to take advantage of big opportunity.

— Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) September 8, 2013

smh right on cue

Posted · Report post

Congrats to Seattle. I had Carolina in upset. Led for 3 qs. RWilson outplayed Cam, who failed to take advantage of big opportunity.

smh right on cue

Posted · Report post

smh right on cue

Posted · Report post

OP, go talk to Shula...horrible game-planning.  Yes, 1 of best secondaries in the league, but they were also 1 of the most stout against the run.  We ran on them fine, but were too scared to throw deep.  The few times Cam did, Olsen dropped the frickin ball...not sure what was up with him today.

Posted · Report post

I don't think trying to force it downfield vs Seattle's secondary would have been ideal.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

In that game you can't afford to make a mistake. Seemed like to me he was trying not to be the reason we lost the game. We were once again in position to win it tho.

Posted · Report post

Cam did play well. WHat I meant by being handcuffed is a collection of issues. Plays were just as vanilla as preseason. no bunches,trips, no quick slant routes, hardly no crossing routes. The sucessful pass plays were a out and a post for smith, and a seem for olsen. Also little to no play action. Other part of being handcuffed is our 2,3,4 recievers arent getting separation. Also for a decade we have failed to develop them...this equals...handcuffs.

Also I believe Cam gets so criticized with every pic he is scared to force any throws now.

What were the play calls? What were his primary, secondary and tertiary reads on each of his plays?

Posted · Report post

Lack of receiving playmakers. Best believe if we had AJ Green you'll Cam putting up 250+

Posted · Report post

Cam took what was given to him, overall he did a fine job. There were some uncharacteristic drops too (Olsen). The same people saying silly things like this would be calling for his head if he was throwing risky passes and INT's.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I dont want Cam to take alot of risk but you have to take some. You have to have the defense respect the threat. Sea did not called our bluff, and thats why Cam was forced to dink and dunk.