• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

I don't think trying to force it downfield vs Seattle's secondary would have been ideal.

#32 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

In that game you can't afford to make a mistake. Seemed like to me he was trying not to be the reason we lost the game. We were once again in position to win it tho.

#33 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Cam did play well. WHat I meant by being handcuffed is a collection of issues. Plays were just as vanilla as preseason. no bunches,trips, no quick slant routes, hardly no crossing routes. The sucessful pass plays were a out and a post for smith, and a seem for olsen. Also little to no play action. Other part of being handcuffed is our 2,3,4 recievers arent getting separation. Also for a decade we have failed to develop them...this equals...handcuffs.

Also I believe Cam gets so criticized with every pic he is scared to force any throws now.

What were the play calls? What were his primary, secondary and tertiary reads on each of his plays?

#34 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,203 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Lack of receiving playmakers. Best believe if we had AJ Green you'll Cam putting up 250+

#35 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

Cam took what was given to him, overall he did a fine job. There were some uncharacteristic drops too (Olsen). The same people saying silly things like this would be calling for his head if he was throwing risky passes and INT's.

#36 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

I dont want Cam to take alot of risk but you have to take some. You have to have the defense respect the threat. Sea did not called our bluff, and thats why Cam was forced to dink and dunk.

#37 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

Cam did play well. WHat I meant by being handcuffed is a collection of issues. Plays were just as vanilla as preseason. no bunches,trips, no quick slant routes, hardly no crossing routes. The sucessful pass plays were a out and a post for smith, and a seem for olsen. Also little to no play action. Other part of being handcuffed is our 2,3,4 recievers arent getting separation. Also for a decade we have failed to develop them...this equals...handcuffs.

Also I believe Cam gets so criticized with every pic he is scared to force any throws now.

-You have no idea what the calls into the huddle were.

-We were in trips/bunch formations several times throughout the day.

-They were playing our guys close so we didn't call quick slants, that would have been a terrible idea.

-We had several crossing routes, the guys weren't open or they came open too late.

-No play action? There were quite a few.

So are putting the handcuffs on Cam by not getting him better receivers? Come on man.

I love Cam to death but he was way too worried about making a mistake this game and was only going after safe plays. Combined with the drops it lead to a lot of bad situations. I'm not putting the fault on Cam, but saying the playcalling was limiting him is an outright lie.

#38 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

There are a lot of judgments being made after playing one of the best defensive units in the league.  A lot of them may be true but we don't really know yet.

This wasn't a defense you want to try to force long balls past, they're very good and we'd have paid for it.  We were in a position to win and our mistakes cost us dearly.  This is not new...and it's got little to nothing to do with Cam and throws he did or did not make.

What I saw from Cam today is a QB who is maturing and not doing the things that people on this board wanted him drawn and quartered for last year.  Can't have it both ways guys.

#39 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

Let cam be who he was the first 2 seasons he not the reason we losing simple.

coaching staff holding him back

#40 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

I'm fine with it. I think it's gonna make him a better QB in the long run, instead of stunting his growth.

#41 Smithers

Smithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Good gracious this is ridiculous.  Do you think there is any chance the coaching staff wanted to throw shorter passes and not challenge a very good secondary with receivers who struggle to separate (other than smitty)?  

Even if that is not the case...Cam taking what is given to him shows maturity.  If he would have forced more deep throws you would have complained that Cam is not evolving as a smart passer.  Never happy...

#42 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

smh right on cue

So Bayless places D'Angelo's fumble on Cam?

What "big opportunity" did Cam miss (the win)? 

#43 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

If D'Anelo doesn't fumble, and the Panthers go on to win that game, no one would mention Cam "dinking and dunking", and everyone would say he played a great game!!

#44 MCC

MCC

• ALL-PRO
  • 848 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Jesus Christ. The huddle can just never be happy about anything, just like my naggy ex-gf. 

Over the summer all we heard was that one of Cam's weakness was that he didn't check down enough, and tried to force the big play.

This game, Cam didn't force the ball into tight coverage by a great secondary and instead took what the defense gave him, and now suddenly he is a dink and dunk qb.  

Come on, people.  Just stop. 

#45 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

Bayless obviously didn't watch the game but yep ESPN & NFL network will blame cam this week Ala his 1st two seasons in the league.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com