Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When can we blame Cam?

280 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't care about the indy stats, care about the W's with accurate and clutch passing he could have won a few for us. I'm not a "hater" this isn't a huddle vs. AE thing, I am just being honest.

haha i like the progression that exchange took.

person 1:  "cam is a game manager with a stronger arm!"

person 2: "game managers aren't known for scoring as much as cam has"  *posts stats*

person 1: I DONT CARE ABOUT STats just wins!1

priceless

2 people like this

Posted

welp time for a break from the huddle

see you in April? People always bang on the offseason but It's the best time to be on the huddle.

Posted

Romo>Cam, but its close...so you just said Cam is better than Romo, Freeman, Gabbert, Ponder, and Pryor...is that all you got, better than those ballers!

Hahaha! I'm sorry, but not even Cowboy fans believe that. Say what you will about Newton, but Cam hasn't had numerous 3-4 interception games. Unlike other gunslingers, Cam takes care of the ball and makes smart decisions for the most part.

Hey, he's better than Dalton, Schaub, Palmer, Vick, Bradford, etc too. If you think we can do better with one of these starters, then you're an utter moron.

Posted

Cam had a couple misses. People always quote % completion but you really have to watch the game. Cam threw a bad pass to Olsen on the first drive. It was catchable but he could have placed it better. Then he threw a bad pass to Smitty that should have been picked off. There was probably 3-5 passes that were off. Even if catchable the good QBs make them catch and runnable.

One of the most annoying things to me about Cam is when the read isn't there he looks to run. Sometimes it works out great and he breaks off a 20 yard run. But more and more frequently the defenses are surrounding and collapsing on him and he ends up taking a bad sack. It happened twice today, the penalty bailed him out on one. He needs to keep moving in the pocket and look for someone to come open imo. Cam really is a statue in the pocket. He can leave the pocket and be dangerous in the open field but those little sidesteps are not his strong point.

First off I completely agree with the second paragraph about moving within the pocket.

But the first paragraph is exactly what I was talking about in my Peyton Manning parody thread.

Having only 3-5 passes off is actually a good fugging day. Especially if one of those "off" passes actually hit the receiver in the hands.

Posted

Don't care about the indy stats, care about the W's with accurate and clutch passing he could have won a few for us. I'm not a "hater" this isn't a huddle vs. AE thing, I am just being honest.

Which is fine....

And like I said, if you want to downgrade him to "at best"....I think you should alter your box you put him in. Game manager isn't Newton. An inconsistent big play machine is way more accurate IMO....and his play, production, and stats back it.

1 person likes this

Posted

2 years in....he has generated more offense than anyone in NFL history.....

Nothing about Newton suggests he is a game manager at best.

I think he will be great, but if you wanted to be pessimistic you would be more accurate to say he at best is a big play machine.

Can we quit talking about these worthless stats? I dont care if Cam had the best two seasons for any QB in the league. The game have evolved from a running league into a passing league. QBs these days are going to throw for 3000+ yards if played an entire 16 gms season.

Even Josh Freeman threw for 4k last season. Freeman threw for 12,963 yards in his first four seasons. Does that make him better than Troy Aikman's first four season: 10,527 yards?

Posted

Russell: 115.7 rating

Tell me who had the better defense out there for 3 quarters? Yea, we did.

And how many time was Wilson bailed out by spectacular catches off his bad throws, and awful coverage by the Panther D. 

The Panther D (no matter how they play up until that point) always finds a way to blow the game during key plays late in the third or 4th qtr. It's a habit. 

But my guess is (though you'll deny it), you never liked Newton in the first place or wanted him here?

Posted

see you in April? People always bang on the offseason but It's the best time to be on the huddle.

i mean, it's somewhat boring and unless you're a draftnik it can be slow

but the amount of stupid hit and run posting and complete poo thread-making is substantially lower.

Posted

haha i like the progression that exchange took.

person 1:  "cam is a game manager with a stronger arm!"

person 2: "game managers aren't known for scoring as much as cam has"  *posts stats*

person 1: I DONT CARE ABOUT STats just wins!1

priceless

I have no idea what you are talking about. Is Cam winner? Can he win you a game? Game managers don't win you games, neither does Cam.

Posted

What do you mean by clutch?

Leading us from behind late. 

Making big plays late to secure / hold on to a lead. 

etc. 

Posted

Can we quit talking about these worthless stats? I dont care if Cam had the best two seasons for any QB in the league. The game have evolved from a running league into a passing league. QBs these days are going to throw for 3000+ yards if played an entire 16 gms season.

Even Josh Freeman threw for 4k last season. Freeman threw for 12,963 yards in his first four seasons. Does that make him better than Troy Aikman's first four season: 10,527 yards?

So what do you want to judge him by?

Posted

Clutch means doing it when it counts, 4th down, 4th quarter, down 6. Can he make the throw? can he get a first?

Cam has done that many times in his NFL career late in 4th quarters, only to have his defense comeback and blow the game. 

You can't get credit for a come from behind victory, when your defense can't hold on for said victory. 

That's the Ron Rivera curse, I guess?