279 replies to this topic

#76 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

PM me for my address. Who say you cant try?

Hey you know Chuck maybe if you weren't such an imbecile you wouldn't have to resort to late night internet patrolling hoping somebody will come fulfill your homoerotic desires.

#77 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,600 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

I didn't punctuate that right. He is a game manager with a rocket arm AT BEST. Meaning with coaching that is all he will ever be, never a sharpshooter. He managed well today, no turnovers from Cam, made a few easy throws.

And that's ok. Cam isn't Brees. He's a Favre. Gunslingers can win too. We just need stronger coaching and a reliable weapon outside Smitty.

#78 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,892 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

Cam has not been clutch and delivered in the NFL. 

I am gonna give him a pass for now. 

well thank god

#79 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

2 years in....he has generated more offense than anyone in NFL history.....

Nothing about Newton suggests he is a game manager at best.

I think he will be great, but if you wanted to be pessimistic you would be more accurate to say he at best is a big play machine.

Don't care about the indy stats, care about the W's with accurate and clutch passing he could have won a few for us. I'm not a "hater" this isn't a huddle vs. AE thing, I am just being honest.

#80 CelibatePimpv2.0

CelibatePimpv2.0

• NEWB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

Cam has not been clutch and delivered in the NFL. 

I am gonna give him a pass for now. 

What do you mean by clutch?

#81 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

Cam had a couple misses. People always quote % completion but you really have to watch the game. Cam threw a bad pass to Olsen on the first drive. It was catchable but he could have placed it better. Then he threw a bad pass to Smitty that should have been picked off. There was probably 3-5 passes that were off. Even if catchable the good QBs make them catch and runnable.

One of the most annoying things to me about Cam is when the read isn't there he looks to run. Sometimes it works out great and he breaks off a 20 yard run. But more and more frequently the defenses are surrounding and collapsing on him and he ends up taking a bad sack. It happened twice today, the penalty bailed him out on one. He needs to keep moving in the pocket and look for someone to come open imo. Cam really is a statue in the pocket. He can leave the pocket and be dangerous in the open field but those little sidesteps are not his strong point.

Horrible post. 

That first throw to Olsen that he dropped wasn't a bad pass in the least. It was more than catchable. Olsen just tried to run before he caught it. I saw Wilson make several awful passes that his receivers bailed him out on. How come Panther receivers can't do that?

I did not see 3-5 bad passes. That's a gross exaggeration. So now you won't the guy to be perfect for the day? How often does that happen in the NFL (ever)? Sheesh. 

And as far as his running? I thought Cam was very patient, and ran when he had to. No problem there. 

Sometimes I wonder about Panther fans. 

#82 CelibatePimpv2.0

CelibatePimpv2.0

• NEWB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

Don't care about the indy stats, care about the W's with accurate and clutch passing he could have won a few for us. I'm not a "hater" this isn't a huddle vs. AE thing, I am just being honest.

How are passing stats indy? Or you think he's throwing to himself?

#83 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

What do you mean by clutch?

Clutch means doing it when it counts, 4th down, 4th quarter, down 6. Can he make the throw? can he get a first?

#84 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

Hey guys, look. ignore that the only time i post is when i want to rant on about this same idiotic shtick, i'm being just real and down to earth here and stuff which is why i have yet to mention just what clutch passes Cam missed on that final drive.

#85 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,678 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

haha i like the progression that exchange took.

person 1:  "cam is a game manager with a stronger arm!"

person 2: "game managers aren't known for scoring as much as cam has"  *posts stats*

person 1: I DONT CARE ABOUT STats just wins!1

priceless

#86 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,848 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

welp time for a break from the huddle

see you in April? People always bang on the offseason but It's the best time to be on the huddle.

#87 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,600 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Romo>Cam, but its close...so you just said Cam is better than Romo, Freeman, Gabbert, Ponder, and Pryor...is that all you got, better than those ballers!

Hahaha! I'm sorry, but not even Cowboy fans believe that. Say what you will about Newton, but Cam hasn't had numerous 3-4 interception games. Unlike other gunslingers, Cam takes care of the ball and makes smart decisions for the most part.

Hey, he's better than Dalton, Schaub, Palmer, Vick, Bradford, etc too. If you think we can do better with one of these starters, then you're an utter moron.

#88 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,594 posts

Cam had a couple misses. People always quote % completion but you really have to watch the game. Cam threw a bad pass to Olsen on the first drive. It was catchable but he could have placed it better. Then he threw a bad pass to Smitty that should have been picked off. There was probably 3-5 passes that were off. Even if catchable the good QBs make them catch and runnable.

One of the most annoying things to me about Cam is when the read isn't there he looks to run. Sometimes it works out great and he breaks off a 20 yard run. But more and more frequently the defenses are surrounding and collapsing on him and he ends up taking a bad sack. It happened twice today, the penalty bailed him out on one. He needs to keep moving in the pocket and look for someone to come open imo. Cam really is a statue in the pocket. He can leave the pocket and be dangerous in the open field but those little sidesteps are not his strong point.

First off I completely agree with the second paragraph about moving within the pocket.

But the first paragraph is exactly what I was talking about in my Peyton Manning parody thread.

Having only 3-5 passes off is actually a good fugging day. Especially if one of those "off" passes actually hit the receiver in the hands.

#89 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

Which is fine....

And like I said, if you want to downgrade him to "at best"....I think you should alter your box you put him in. Game manager isn't Newton. An inconsistent big play machine is way more accurate IMO....and his play, production, and stats back it.

#90 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

2 years in....he has generated more offense than anyone in NFL history.....

Nothing about Newton suggests he is a game manager at best.

I think he will be great, but if you wanted to be pessimistic you would be more accurate to say he at best is a big play machine.

Can we quit talking about these worthless stats? I dont care if Cam had the best two seasons for any QB in the league. The game have evolved from a running league into a passing league. QBs these days are going to throw for 3000+ yards if played an entire 16 gms season.

Even Josh Freeman threw for 4k last season. Freeman threw for 12,963 yards in his first four seasons. Does that make him better than Troy Aikman's first four season: 10,527 yards?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com