Joey Logano

Greg Biffle

Clint Bowyer

Dale Jr

Kurt Busch

Kasey Khane

Martin Truex Jr

My predictions for the chase: 

20 - Matt has to be considered the favorite along with Johnson. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say that Matt is the clear favorite since Jimmie has been having tons of trouble lately. 

48 - I've been a Jimmie fan ever since I was in like 3rd grade so I'm biased here. He should have won the title last year and if he can return to his early 2013 form then there's no way anyone is beating him. He always seems to turn it on during the chase so that's a very real possibility. 

18 - Kyle has fooled people into thinking he would win the championship for years now. But the fact is that Kyle excels at winning meaningless races and falters under pressure while racing for something worthwhile. I have no reason to believe that'll be any different this year. 

29 - I'd love for him to win the championship. I think he's a pretty good darkhorse candidate since he can win at pretty much any time. The thing is that he lacks the consistency to win a points championship. This year I think he'll finish top 5 in points, but next year after moving to Stewart-Haas I'm expecting him to be a lot better. 

99 - I wouldn't mind him winning the title but he hasn't been the same since that championship battle against Tony Stewart. That obviously fuged him in the head but he seems to be back on the right track now. His strategy of racking up points by scoring good finishes instead of wins never works in the post season though. 

22 - He's strangely a lot better after leaving Joe Gibbs but I just can't see him being a factor in the championship hunt. He may win another race but I doubt he's getting a championship. 

16 - He always makes the chase but is hardly ever a factor in it. I have no reason to believe he will this season.

15 - I'd love for Clint to win it. He's one of the most underrated drivers going. I just don't know if he can get enough wins to finally win the championship. He's a definite darkhorse though. 

88 - It's not going to happen. I'd love to see him win a championship just to shut people up but I just don't think he's good enough to at the moment. 

78 - It's a miracle that he made the chase period with the team he's on. Kurt's a great driver but he's making lemonade out of lemons with this current situation. 

5 - I see him playing a factor. He's really good on mile and a half ovals so I could see him briefly flirting with the title. I'd predict that a few wrecks or DNF's will take him out of the hunt. 

55 - I like the guy but the only reason he made the chase is because Denny Hamlin and Tony Stewart got injured. 

Champion - Matt Kenseth

Runner up - Jimmie or Carl Edwards

#2 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,344 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

And now Nascar has a cloud over the last race and all the maneuvering, pit stops and spins which altered who got in and who did not.

Teams are not a good thing in Nascar

#3 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,308 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

I think it's hilarious NASCAR is "investigating" Clint Bowyer's spin, which put Truex in the Chase and prevented Newman from getting in.

This is from the same NASCAR that throws caution flags for the phantom "debris on the track" when the field gets too spread out.

This is from the same NASCAR that routinely changes the rules to benefit one manufacturer when their cars can't keep up with the others.

This is from the same NASCAR that docks points and fines drivers for saying they don't agree with something, yet does little or nothing when a couple guys want to scrap in the pits (+ TV ratings).

#4 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

They interviewed Dale Jr after the race about Bowyers driving. "He was swerving and hitting the brakes, I don't know what he was trying to do. But they have the in-cars and technology to figure it out."

You could hear the crew chief giving Bowyer instructions before the spin.

#5 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,308 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

The point isn't whether or not he did it purposefully- who cares if he did or not? It's not like he wrecked 5 other cars and could have caused any injuries.....

The point is the hypocrisy of NASCAR.

#6 Mayor Qumiby

Mayor Qumiby

fug the saints!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

Id like to see the 29, 88, 15 or 78 win it. Hell anyone besides the 18, 48 or 99

#7 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,583 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

They interviewed Dale Jr after the race about Bowyers driving. "He was swerving and hitting the brakes, I don't know what he was trying to do. But they have the in-cars and technology to figure it out."

You could hear the crew chief giving Bowyer instructions before the spin.

...and believe me, Dale knows an intentional spin when he sees one.  He's done it before to avoid going a lap down. :)

#8 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,344 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

http://espn.go.com/r...ase-ryan-newman

Looks like they are going to let Newman in and boot Truex. But, they let Lagano stay in and keep Gordon out. Handing out some pretty stiff penalties also.

#9 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Things like this have happened before and they just ignored it so I don't know why they're coming down so hard on MWR. Since Clint Bowyer has been penalized 50 points there's basically no chance he'll win the title.

#10 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,583 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

Things like this have happened before and they just ignored it so I don't know why they're coming down so hard on MWR. Since Clint Bowyer has been penalized 50 points there's basically no chance he'll win the title.

50 points wont hurt him.  He's still starting 8th in the chase.  The only person that was really penalized was Truex, and he didn't even do anything.

The reason they are coming down so hard is because all of the Gordon fans are out screaming and rolling around on the floor.

#11 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,308 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

And this is but one more reason to understand why NASCAR isn't a sport and has devolved into nothing better than WWE.

#12 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,296 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

And this is but one more reason to understand why NASCAR isn't a sport and has devolved into nothing better than WWE.

You know if it was Hendrick driver that did it they wouldn't be any penalties.

#13 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,344 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:59 AM

Things I hate about Nascar

Teams
"The Chase"
Cookie Cutter cars
Cookie Cutter tracks
aerodynamics to the max on the cars
Lucky Dog
Not racing back to the flag during a caution
restrict plates
shutting down tracks like North Wilkesboro for places like Kansas and Chicago

they have ruined the "racing" part of racing. You can watch the first and last 10 mins of a race and get all the action, the rest is for curing insomnia

#14 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

I agree with the punishment. Truex got in specifically because his teammate cheated so he should be out.

I can see Jeff Gordon's point about Bowyer. Was Gordon mathematically in the chase before the wreck? If so I think he should be included in the chase. Maybe make it a 13 car chase as not to punish Logano

#15 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

Things I hate about Nascar

Teams
"The Chase"
Cookie Cutter cars
Cookie Cutter tracks
aerodynamics to the max on the cars
Lucky Dog
Not racing back to the flag during a caution
restrict plates
shutting down tracks like North Wilkesboro for places like Kansas and Chicago

they have ruined the "racing" part of racing. You can watch the first and last 10 mins of a race and get all the action, the rest is for curing insomnia

Mostly agree. Some of these new tracks are half empty, like Vegas and California. Of course Nascar doesn't care because of the TV revenue which i think was just extended. The tracks could be empty for all they care.

I don't mind restrictor plate racing when they have it set up right and I like the chase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.