Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chase for the Championship 2013

83 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Cline I can't get in my account.  I've been here longer than you.

Well if that's true then that still means nothing.  You're coming off as a "n00b".

Posted · Report post

So are you.  Tell me what it is that Brad K. is saying that JJ did now.  So I can understand what you are saying.

Posted · Report post

Gordon was the next odd-man out, until radio conversations were exposed in which Front Row personnel appeared to indicate that the team had struck up a deal with the Penske organization, trading track position for unspecified future favors.

Two teams conspired to knock Gordon out (or someone, whomever). That has to be completely illegal and Gordon deserves compensation.

Posted · Report post

They need officials on each spotter and owner.

Right, 9 umpires on a baseball field, 22 refs on a football field, 10 refs on a basketball court....

NASCAR screwed themselves by opening Pandora's Box. Teams arrange poo all year long to help each other, help team mates... hell, the way their going they'll try to outlaw team mates drafting with each other... after all, that's no different than letting others pass or arranging pit stops or anything else....

Good luck digging yourself out of this one NASCAR. May as well go hire McMahon from WWE to start publicizing your poo...

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

This is the equivalent of the NFL letting an extra team into the playoffs because someone on a team that they played and lost to got caught using PEDs.

NASCAR is wigging out because their stupid chase format got exposed for what it is, a gimmick.

Posted · Report post

Is anyone else gonna watch the wrestling match Sunday at 2 on ESPN? I wonder what the script will have in store for us. Maybe 'ole Ripple Effect in the No. 24 will win the wrestling match this week, since he's the WWE's favorite driver.

Posted · Report post

Now I remember why I don't watch Nascar anymore.

Posted · Report post

This is a giant mess and it's only a mess because NASCAR decided to penalize someone for shit that goes on all the time. 

What did Brad say about Jimmie this time? I can't find anything about it

Posted · Report post

This is a giant mess and it's only a mess because NASCAR decided to penalize someone for poo that goes on all the time. 

What did Brad say about Jimmie this time? I can't find anything about it

I think the difference is they did these things too brazenly and got caught. The one guy was on the radio saying something like "we are giving up spots so they can get locked in and they will pay us back later." Sheesh. Walk over to the guy's trailer and say it in person.

And when one driver was asked to pit he was like "WHAAT?" "I don't understand."

I don't think NASCAR had much choice.

Posted · Report post

I think the difference is they did these things too brazenly and got caught. The one guy was on the radio saying something like "we are giving up spots so they can get locked in and they will pay us back later." Sheesh. Walk over to the guy's trailer and say it in person.

And when one driver was asked to pit he was like "WHAAT?" "I don't understand."

I don't think NASCAR had much choice.

That's bullshit, too. Crew chiefs are forever talking to each other about drafting partners and when to pit, who's doing what, etc.

Like I said earlier in the thread, NASCAR does poo all the time in an attempt to make the race more interesting. The phantom "debris on the track" yellow flag that always occurs when the field gets spread out. The "competition yellow" they claim is for tires when they decide to keep the race tight.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

That's bullshit, too. Crew chiefs are forever talking to each other about drafting partners and when to pit, who's doing what, etc.

:lol: I hardly see drafting partners being on the same level as intentionally wrecking to knock someone out of the chase.

Posted · Report post

:lol: I hardly see drafting partners being on the same level as intentionally wrecking to knock someone out of the chase.

Who's talking about "intentionally wrecking?" Nobody did that, nobody mentioned it.

Brian France's decision was based on what he called "totality of events," which I take to mean, "There has been so much poo going on I can't keep track of it all."

And if you don't think crew chiefs discussing putting 2 or 3 cars together to benefit themselves over another car is just as subversive to the competition as telling someone to pit, I don't know what to tell you.