82 replies to this topic

#11 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWherever I May Roam
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

And this is but one more reason to understand why NASCAR isn't a sport and has devolved into nothing better than WWE.

#12 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

And this is but one more reason to understand why NASCAR isn't a sport and has devolved into nothing better than WWE.

You know if it was Hendrick driver that did it they wouldn't be any penalties.

#13 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:59 AM

Things I hate about Nascar

Teams
"The Chase"
Cookie Cutter cars
Cookie Cutter tracks
aerodynamics to the max on the cars
Lucky Dog
Not racing back to the flag during a caution
restrict plates
shutting down tracks like North Wilkesboro for places like Kansas and Chicago

they have ruined the "racing" part of racing. You can watch the first and last 10 mins of a race and get all the action, the rest is for curing insomnia

#14 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

I agree with the punishment. Truex got in specifically because his teammate cheated so he should be out.

I can see Jeff Gordon's point about Bowyer. Was Gordon mathematically in the chase before the wreck? If so I think he should be included in the chase. Maybe make it a 13 car chase as not to punish Logano

#15 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

Things I hate about Nascar

Teams
"The Chase"
Cookie Cutter cars
Cookie Cutter tracks
aerodynamics to the max on the cars
Lucky Dog
Not racing back to the flag during a caution
restrict plates
shutting down tracks like North Wilkesboro for places like Kansas and Chicago

they have ruined the "racing" part of racing. You can watch the first and last 10 mins of a race and get all the action, the rest is for curing insomnia

Mostly agree. Some of these new tracks are half empty, like Vegas and California. Of course Nascar doesn't care because of the TV revenue which i think was just extended. The tracks could be empty for all they care.

I don't mind restrictor plate racing when they have it set up right and I like the chase.

#16 1BucDeal

1BucDeal

PUP

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationFlorida
HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

I agree with the punishment. Truex got in specifically because his teammate cheated so he should be out.

I can see Jeff Gordon's point about Bowyer. Was Gordon mathematically in the chase before the wreck? If so I think he should be included in the chase. Maybe make it a 13 car chase as not to punish Logano

I agree.  I don't think they should take Logono out though.  This years chase should be 13 cars because of the cheating and manipulating the field.  Boyer and Gorden do have some bad blood and this whole nonsense shouln't be allowed.

#17 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

Teammates were pitting under green so as to help Logano gain spots, then wrecking to help Truex.

Gordon and Newman were knocked out and Truex, Logano were in.

To me, things like the "chase" were invented to help put excitement back in the sport. Gimmicks will last only so long.

I don't mind having some sort of championship, but that is all Nascar can talk about now. The racing is dull, cars going 20-30 mph too fast which does not allow racing any longer. Get the splitters out from under the front end, loosen em up, and then see who can drive and who cannot.

#18 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

So no one was cheating in any of the other races..........righhhhhht.

Sounds like to me MW racing just out smarted the big boys and pissed them off.

#19 Mayor Qumiby

Mayor Qumiby

fug the saints!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

I love a just a few weeks ago the show nascar hub did a special on cheating. They gave praise to somkey yunik and junior johnson. Yet when someone does it today they become public enemy #1. I know they cheated in different ways but still you get my point. I think think the bigger problem with the new format is the point system. I feel that the way things are now you are punished more for a bad finish..ie wreck, blown engine than you are for a win or doing well. I also think if the races were all cut by 100 miles it would make for more aggresive racing. Also the emphasis on areo has gone overboard. Go on youtube and watch some races from the 70's and 80's. The drivers actually drive and you see them sawing the wheel In the turns, today its too ...I dont wanna say easy because its not but its more smooth.

#20 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

I love a just a few weeks ago the show nascar hub did a special on cheating. They gave praise to somkey yunik and junior johnson. Yet when someone does it today they become public enemy #1. I know they cheated in different ways but still you get my point. I think think the bigger problem with the new format is the point system. I feel that the way things are now you are punished more for a bad finish..ie wreck, blown engine than you are for a win or doing well. I also think if the races were all cut by 100 miles it would make for more aggresive racing. Also the emphasis on areo has gone overboard. Go on youtube and watch some races from the 70's and 80's. The drivers actually drive and you see them sawing the wheel In the turns, today its too ...I dont wanna say easy because its not but its more smooth.

And just think about doing it without power steering!!

I remember when Bobby Allison was the first to use power steering in his car. Talk about a brutal afternoon at Dover. 5 hour race in 140 degree car and your arms are cramping because of the constant pressure and pull of the steering wheel.

Would not hurt to change the engines also and go with like a 300CI engine. That would slow them down a bit, maybe help lose the plates on big tracks, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users