#16 1BucDeal

1BucDeal

PUP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

I agree with the punishment. Truex got in specifically because his teammate cheated so he should be out.

I can see Jeff Gordon's point about Bowyer. Was Gordon mathematically in the chase before the wreck? If so I think he should be included in the chase. Maybe make it a 13 car chase as not to punish Logano

I agree.  I don't think they should take Logono out though.  This years chase should be 13 cars because of the cheating and manipulating the field.  Boyer and Gorden do have some bad blood and this whole nonsense shouln't be allowed.

#17 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

Teammates were pitting under green so as to help Logano gain spots, then wrecking to help Truex.

Gordon and Newman were knocked out and Truex, Logano were in.

To me, things like the "chase" were invented to help put excitement back in the sport. Gimmicks will last only so long.

I don't mind having some sort of championship, but that is all Nascar can talk about now. The racing is dull, cars going 20-30 mph too fast which does not allow racing any longer. Get the splitters out from under the front end, loosen em up, and then see who can drive and who cannot.

#18 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

So no one was cheating in any of the other races..........righhhhhht.

Sounds like to me MW racing just out smarted the big boys and pissed them off.

#19 Mayor Qumiby

Mayor Qumiby

fug the saints!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

I love a just a few weeks ago the show nascar hub did a special on cheating. They gave praise to somkey yunik and junior johnson. Yet when someone does it today they become public enemy #1. I know they cheated in different ways but still you get my point. I think think the bigger problem with the new format is the point system. I feel that the way things are now you are punished more for a bad finish..ie wreck, blown engine than you are for a win or doing well. I also think if the races were all cut by 100 miles it would make for more aggresive racing. Also the emphasis on areo has gone overboard. Go on youtube and watch some races from the 70's and 80's. The drivers actually drive and you see them sawing the wheel In the turns, today its too ...I dont wanna say easy because its not but its more smooth.

#20 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

I love a just a few weeks ago the show nascar hub did a special on cheating. They gave praise to somkey yunik and junior johnson. Yet when someone does it today they become public enemy #1. I know they cheated in different ways but still you get my point. I think think the bigger problem with the new format is the point system. I feel that the way things are now you are punished more for a bad finish..ie wreck, blown engine than you are for a win or doing well. I also think if the races were all cut by 100 miles it would make for more aggresive racing. Also the emphasis on areo has gone overboard. Go on youtube and watch some races from the 70's and 80's. The drivers actually drive and you see them sawing the wheel In the turns, today its too ...I dont wanna say easy because its not but its more smooth.

And just think about doing it without power steering!!

I remember when Bobby Allison was the first to use power steering in his car. Talk about a brutal afternoon at Dover. 5 hour race in 140 degree car and your arms are cramping because of the constant pressure and pull of the steering wheel.

Would not hurt to change the engines also and go with like a 300CI engine. That would slow them down a bit, maybe help lose the plates on big tracks, etc.

#21 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

I hope Kenseth can get one more championship, but I don't think it'll be this year. He just hasn't been consistent enough. He had the most wins, but was like sixth in points before the reset, that poo won't cut it in the Chase.

#22 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,673 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

So, now NASCAR is investigating Joey Logano because the radio transmissions made public indicate another Ford team ordered their driver to slow down and allow Logano to pass, securing him the 22nd pot in the race and a spot in the Chase.

This crap is so funny, WWE couldn't even write this script.

#23 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

LMAO @ nascar............got caught with their dick in their hand.

sure no one else has manipulated the points leading up to the last race.

JJ wasn't doing any R&D the last couple races was he ??

#24 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

LMAO @ nascar............got caught with their dick in their hand.

sure no one else has manipulated the points leading up to the last race.

JJ wasn't doing any R&D the last couple races was he ??

Doesn't JJ have a history of running like crap after securing a spot in the Chase? And they've admitted to "working on some set-ups and engineering" in an effort to get everything in order for the Chase.

#25 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

I really don't see what the big deal it. If a driver is that close to making or missing the chase, let them do whatever the hell they want.

#26 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

I really don't see what the big deal it. If a driver is that close to making or missing the chase, let them do whatever the hell they want.

In a sense, you're absolutely right, as long as it doesn't involve intentionally trying to hurt someone with an accident or something. But a spin to create a yellow flag... like that's never been done before? C'mon, man! After all, Dale Earnhardt made himself famous for wrecking people to win races... but then, NASCAR let him do whatever he wanted, and he ended up dead because of it.

Think of the likely football scenario that happens on occasion: intentionally taking a safety and giving up the 2 points just to get out of the position you're in and hope your defense can start over after the free kick. Isn't that manipulating the score of the game? 

#27 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,967 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Think of the likely football scenario that happens on occasion: intentionally taking a safety and giving up the 2 points just to get out of the position you're in and hope your defense can start over after the free kick. Isn't that manipulating the score of the game? 

Your analogy is nowhere near accurate....because the only two people impacted by your suggestion was the two teams.

A more accurate analogy would be intentionally taking a safety and giving up 2 points to impact the spread on the game....so that others would benefit.

#28 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,967 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Your analogy is nowhere near accurate....because the only two people impacted by your suggestion are the two teams.

A more accurate analogy would be intentionally taking a safety and giving up 2 points to impact the spread on the game....so that others would benefit.

#29 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Your analogy is nowhere near accurate....because the only two people impacted by your suggestion are the two teams.

Not quite because you have no idea who would benefit under those circumstances. The entire idea is to effect the outcome to practically guarantee a desired result for a specific party.

Logano needed only one place to make the Chase. In this case it effected only 2 parties- Logano getting in and another driver/team not getting in. They all effected only two teams- the one getting in the one not getting in.

#30 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

This is getting dumber with every "BREAKING NEWS!" article on NASCAR.  Every driver cheats, the 48 and 5 moved for the 24.  Your favorite driver cheats. /subject

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com