82 replies to this topic

#31 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Now they are letting Gordon in by adding him as driver 13 in the chase.

http://www.chicagotr...0,4955343.story

What a fuging JOKE

This is so goddamn retarded. Nobody broke any rules except for maybe Bowyer. Way to lose what little credibility you had left, NA$CAR.

#32 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

In all actuality, Newman and Gordon should have been in with Truex and Logano out, but having said that, the whole Chase thing is a bit gimmicky for me anyway.

It started with 10 and then allowed in 2 wild card guys and now looks like 3 wild card guys.

Nascar can argue with their gimmick program all they want, but if they don't fix the mother product, they will soon be something no one talks about at all.

#33 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

They added the two wildcards after junior missed it the first time, but at least they waited until the season was over. Changing the rules on the fly is just inexcusable.

Should have penalized Bowyer and left it it that. There's no guarantee that the race would have played out how they are saying it would have. There's also a good chance there would have been another caution. Just arbitrarily handing out penalties and chase berths is a fuging disgrace.

#34 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Teammates help each other get points all the time during races, and now all of a sudden it's a serious violation? I'm not buying it.

#35 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,108 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

The problem is already there. How many races on TV did you see with half-empty grandstands this season?

You have 4-5 owners controlling everything with the manufacturers, cars and competition; 2-3 track owners controlling where and when the races will be held; NASCAR acting no better than the NCAA.

The NASCAR money machine is now devolving into what everyone thought it was 20 years ago. 

#36 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,800 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

lol @ NASCAR.  This is why they'll never become a true "major league" sport.

#37 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,164 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

I agree with the punishment. Truex got in specifically because his teammate cheated so he should be out.

I can see Jeff Gordon's point about Bowyer. Was Gordon mathematically in the chase before the wreck? If so I think he should be included in the chase. Maybe make it a 13 car chase as not to punish Logano

I like it.

NASCAR is going to have to fix things though because it is becoming strategy on how to get your team mates in the chase. Is slowing down legit? Blocking? Wrecking?

#38 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

I like it.

NASCAR is going to have to fix things though because it is becoming strategy on how to get your team mates in the chase. Is slowing down legit? Blocking? Wrecking?

Wtf is NASCAR gonna do, start reviewing every pit stop?

"Oh, well, that second pit stop for tires took exactly 3.7 seconds longer than your last, which allowed 3 cars to gain spots on the track...."

#39 iamcline

iamcline

• HUDDLER
  • 2,800 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Gordon being in the chase is the must non-legit move by NA$CAR in a long, long, LOOOOONG time.  I love it, let's protect the "INTEGRITY" of our sport by making up the rules as we go.  They completely contradicted the Truex move by doing this one.

I shouldn't be surprised by this.  After all, NASCAR did expand the chase after Dale, Jr. didn't make it one year.  LULZCAR

#40 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Just saw the press conference with France and (silent) Helton... it was awkward, it was clumsy and didn't clear up anything. "We looked at the totality of events..."

Brian France is a fugging idiot. NASCAR is fugged up and....

NASCAR telling drivers to delete tweets?

#41 iamcline

iamcline

• HUDDLER
  • 2,800 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Just saw the press conference with France and (silent) Helton... it was awkward, it was clumsy and didn't clear up anything. "We looked at the totality of events..."

Brian France is a fugging idiot. NASCAR is fugged up and....

NASCAR telling drivers to delete tweets?

Keselowski letting the cat out of the bag about the 48.

#42 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

ESPN saved the tweet before NASCAR told Kes to delete it.....

#43 1Buc

1Buc

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

This has gotten really bad with deals being made and pay offs.  Come on...lol.  The whole Penske big wigs were there with the booty.  Bowyer gets an itch and spins lol...but they need more points.

Biggy Rat and Itchy Bowyer!!

Logono was down laps.  It's gotten away from talent into the back room.  No wonder Brad K. thinks people are oily.

Gorden and Newman belong in the chase.  The others are just bought and manipulated in.

#44 1Buc

1Buc

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

Keselowski is jealous of the 48.  Now what is he accussing other people of when it's his own friends.

#45 iamcline

iamcline

• HUDDLER
  • 2,800 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

Gorden and Newman belong in the chase.  The others are just bought and manipulated in.

Gordon* and Newman had all year to make their way to the chase.  Their teammates let them lead laps and gain points and still couldn't make it.  They do NOT belong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com