• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#31 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,602 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

It sounds pretty simple to me.  We need to get rid of all our players, and replace them with players who can execute.  Because Rivera and his staff absolutely cannot be blamed for anything.

The most prolific passer in NFL history over his first two seasons gets 20 attempts.  That's execution.  All of the predictable play calling.  That's execution.  7 points.  That's execution.

Someone mentioned 2011 or 2012 Rivera?  I think that the only difference 2013 Rivera has shown is that he finally has an offensive coordinator as timid as he is.

exactly. it's very sad that i'm now regretting chud leaving because i didn't like chud, either.

so far his streamlined offense has been nothing but a steaming pile of poo. it was the same thing that we saw in preseason that we were assured by the optimists was just holding our cards close the chest. so when do we reveal them? when we start playing divisional games?

#32 tondi

tondi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

What a fugging moron. What kind of idiot thinks fans have no right to question piss poor coaching or piss poor players. Somebody just lost the internet for stupid and that's saying something.

#33 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,734 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

Chud called a game against this Seahawk team....

we scored more points , were more consistent and were better offensively with Shula. Both were bad offensive showings but I fail to see how this leaves us wanting Chud back.

We ran the ball much better and threw better than anything shown on the preseason.....if Williams hasn't fumbled we wouldn't of had just 7 points.

#34 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,257 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

If this were Rivera's first game we could easily say not bad let's win it next time. But after three years of watching this exact game it's ok to suggest we have serious coaching issues.

If we lose to the bills next week we are practically out of playoff contention. We are already in must win territory.

Panthers -3

#35 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,257 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

What a fugging moron. What kind of idiot thinks fans have no right to question piss poor coaching or piss poor players. Somebody just lost the internet for stupid and that's saying something.

I find it hilarious that people come into a panthers discussion forum after a loss, during a 3 year losing streak, click on a thread where someone is criticizing the team and are shocked when we aren't all puppies and flowers. 

#36 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,154 posts

The hairy dump I took about a half hour ago could call a better game than Shula and Rivera did yesterday

#37 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

E. Thomas made a great play to force the fumble, and Russel handled the pressure about as well as you could. Not to mention the muffed punt off J. Thomas' leg.

Play calling - NOT A PROBLEM (except one on 3rd and 1)

Cam- Made great throws, had some drops, and even better NO TURNOVERS!

Running game- effective, mistake at costly time.

We played arguably the best defense in football, at least top 3. A few mistakes short of a W. It was a playoff team we SHOULD HAVE/COULD HAVE beat. We ARE a playoff team.

Too early to freak out. If we fall flat next week on offense. Worry.

#38 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

If D-Lo didn't fumble the ball we would have the TD and lead for the game. The whole momentum of the game changed after that fumble. Cam had better QBR than last year, Defense allowed only 1 Td. We actually ran the ball inside with success... , OL looks good and will get better with return of Amini,  We need to open the playbook more and get Cam involved in more design run .......Overall i think the offense is going to adjust and we are going to win good amount of games. (11-5)

#39 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

I think i said every cuss word in the book when D will fumbled that ball.

#40 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,602 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

E. Thomas made a great play to force the fumble, and Russel handled the pressure about as well as you could. Not to mention the muffed punt off J. Thomas' leg.

Cam- Made great throws, had some drops, and even better NO TURNOVERS!

Running game- effective, mistake at costly time.

We played arguably the best defense in football, at least top 3. A few mistakes short of a W. It was a playoff team we SHOULD HAVE/COULD HAVE beat. We ARE a playoff team.

Too early to freak out. If we fall flat next week on offense. Worry.

we aren't a playoff team if we can't win games and can't get into the endzone more than once or score more than 10 points.

#41 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

I LOL'd

#42 Archimedes

Archimedes

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

We're not a playoff team.

We have playoff talent, with a group of timid idiots running the show.  Rivera continues to be a deer in the headlights at key decision points in the game.

I'm glad Cam was sticking up for Shula saying he "called a great game", as we don't need the added drama, but hes dead wrong.  Shula is insanely predictable and fails to use the strength of our offense.  Chud, as much as he was hated around here, was good at not just using Cam, but the threat of Cam running via play action to take a shot on mid range and down field passes. 

We had exactly three, THREE, targets (not completions, TARGETS) 10 yards or more down the field.  THREE.  

#43 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,382 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

3rd and 1....you want to call a predictable play....have Cam run it...not DWill

As far as not going for it on 4th downs....we were on their side of the field and Rivera bitched out like he always does.

#44 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,516 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

Anybody who watched that game had to feel like we were back in last season again. After Deangelo fumbled everyone knew it was over.

Again the defense needs to stop getting a pass. This team was built to win defensive power struggles. If you have to win the game 7-6 then so be it but an elite defense does just that. No excuse for not getting the ball back for your offense at the end of that game. If your Defense isn't going to win these battles it's time to start getting Cam some damn weapons and let him go out there and win it.

1. Defensive minded coach
2. Defense driven drafts
3. Conservative play style geared again towards defense holding tight.

Yet again the defense couldn't get off the field at the end of the game. This defense is good UNTIL they need to get a stop and they can't get it.

It's time to get Cam some damn weapons and let him fuging play. Unleash fuging Cam I'm sick of this poo man.

Ron Rivera is never going to make Cam Newton a better Quarterback he can't he doesn't know how.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa.

The defense held them to 12 points.

Thats pretty fuging elite.

Yards be damned, 12 points should win you ball games.

You know I'm about as even keel as it gets when assigning blame, yesterday was on the O.

Your second point is spot on. Papa Getts has to build up some playmakers for the WR, OL, and CB spots and soon.

#45 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

You know, last year LaFell had three catches.  He got one target Sunday.  I don't recall ever seeing LaFell, Ginn, Smith, and Olsen on the field at the same time.

You want Gettleman to get us some weapons?  Well Cam's arm has been proven to be a hell of a weapon.  So how about using what we have instead of asking for new ones?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com