Zod

Fixing the Panthers Offense in 4 Easy Steps

136 posts in this topic

Because it's easy to find a competent OC who just happens to be available in week two of the season, right?

And hey, installing a whole new system in mid-season after you spent an entire training camp and offseason learning this one? No problem!

It's simple. Heck, I do it in Madden all the time. That's just like the real world, right? :)

Obviously unless something catastrophic happens we are stuck with Shula for this year, and I don't think we will be implementing a new offensive system.

However our offense is going to struggle this season under Shula. Just like every other offense Shula has ever coordinated. We need to make some whole sale changes this off season and let Gettlemen hire his guys.

Rivera is a lame duck coach, and Shula was a stop gap hire to get us through the season.

I disagree.

I know its counter-intuitive, but "playing it safe" against the better teams plays right into their hands..

They're already very good. Now you're gonna limit YOURSELF? Hell, they couldn't be more happy about that!

To beat the good teams, you had better come out MORE aggressive rather than less. They've already got more talent and better coaching than you do. You want to back it down and not take risks? They're more than happy to accept that favor from you.

Exactly which part do you disagree with?   The part where I said he may have been letting fear dictate what plays he called?

Take a hard look at who is gutter-sniping this week and see how they respond in the following weeks. This board is perpetually loaded with children bent on throwing tantrums.

i just dont understand why we need a franchise QB who will be payed about $70 million next year if were gonna run an offense that is built for someone like trent dilfer. we might as well start anderson at QB, let cam walk, and use that money to sign some cornerbacks. its hilarious how we have arguably the most physically gifted QB in history yet were not running an offense that plays to his strengths. IMO its easier to gameplan and scheme based on your personel than it is to try to throw your players into a system regardless if it fits their strengths or not. i feel shannahan or harbaugh would have a field day against teams if they had Cam

long season and i know it's been said before. but just enjoy the show, there is a lot to be happy about with this team (defensively). or you could give up already, which i guess you already have.

I have not given up and yes, I will enjoy the show and that's I can do.  L

I just don't have expectations that the makeup of this team can be something they have shown themselves to not be.

Transformation takes more than drafting two DTs.

In the NFL, there are clutch teams who consistently ****** victory from the jaws of defeat and then there are the teams that consistently ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Panthers have proven themselves to be the latter...and over a period of years.

Watching how the 49ers call plays for Kaepernick is a friggin thing of beauty. I'll contribute money to the fund to get Greg Roman over here.

I don't know, have they had consecutive losing seasons the last couple years and worries in the preseason about scoring points?

I dont know have they had consecutive winning seasons the last couple of years?

exactly. what they do works. what we do we have to find excuses for and reasons to believe "it's just not that bad".

win or get someone who can.

What they did was have Wilson scramble for his life and throw hail marry passes. Did it work Yes, but only because we shot ourselves in the foot. Not because there offense was better.

It almost seems to me that both staffs kept plays close to the vest. Reminded me of what a 5th preseason game may look like.

We were effective and efficient. Just didn't run enough plays.

I dont know have they had consecutive winning seasons the last couple of years?

are you seriously arguing this?  they were a playoff team last year.

come the fug on.

the reason people are pissed about this game is it was like watching last year all over again, but with what felt like even more conservative playcalling.

Should Steve go back to the outside?

I hardly see 4 wr sets, 2 on each side with Olsen running from TE position 

The reality is Cam wasn't the Cam of old who threw the ball often to the wrong team. He was the one that was conservative not Shula. He said so himself. Secondly on third and short most any football guy will tell you that you don't go around the end where lots of problems occur if the ends are crashing in. You keep it simple and go off tackle.

As for speeding up the game it cuts both ways. If your defense is gassed and you go into hurry up you better get several frst downs otherwise you put the defense back out there with no rest . Or you do what we did which was slow down the callplaying to give your defense time to recover. I don't think we were confident we were playing well enough to use the hurry up and not cause problems for the defense.

one way to fix it is having all our WRs healthy 

Domenik Hixon ‘felt good,’ but Panthers coaches left him inactive

Wide receiver Domenik Hixon said he felt ready to go Sunday before he was placed on the inactive list by Panthers coaches.

“I felt good, but decisions are not for me to make,” Hixon said Monday. “I went out and ran and it kept on feeling better and better. I felt like I was ready.”

Hixon has been battling a hamstring injury for more than a month. It’s an injury that allowed him to play just once in the preseason after Carolina brought him in this offseason with the hope he would become the team’s No.3 wideout.

Sunday against Seattle, Carolina had just four active wide receivers, and Steve Smith and Ted Ginn Jr. were the only receivers officially targeted. Brandon LaFell had two passes come his way on plays that were negated by penalties.

Armanti Edwards played just one snap – a designed quarterback draw. Coach Ron Rivera said Edwards could have been used in an emergency, but with Edwards also coming off a hamstring strain, the team wanted to be careful.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/09/09/4300765/domenik-hixon-felt-good-but-panthers.html#.Ui6R5jBBmRw