Zod

Fixing the Panthers Offense in 4 Easy Steps

You act like Rivera made the playoffs his first year, like Carroll, or has shown an ability to win games when it matters. I'm not saying fire him now, which you'd get if you read my posts. I'm saying I'm tired of the seeming lack of intensity and fire.

Carroll appears to be a better coach than Rivera to this point, which isn't entirely surprising. But Rivera hasn't shown he is a good coach at all, and I think after two losing seasons and the beginning of the season *looking* the same as last year it's pretty easy to understand why people are frustrated.

I wasn't advocating firing Rivera, but I wish I could see more of a spark out of him.

What I'm pointing out is Carroll has more experience than Rivera, in a easy DIV, and started with a better team. I understand the frustration with him, we are use to having 7-9 be a bad season for us but we had a terrible team when he started and limited cap space because of Hurney. We will see after a few weeks if he can put a playoff team together. Still remember this unit is a improved 6-10 team right now under a Real GM.

Being from Alabama and witnessing what Shula did there... We used to make jokes about how head-scratchingly predictable that Shula was. When I heard that he was taking over as Carolina's OC, I felt bad for Newton. Maybe he will finally start breaking his tendencies... thought that seems very unlikely. 

What I'm pointing out is Carroll has more experience than Rivera, in a easy DIV, and started with a better team. I understand the frustration with him, we are use to having 7-9 be a bad season for us but we had a terrible team when he started and limited cap space because of Hurney. We will see after a few weeks if he can put a playoff team together. Still remember this unit is a improved 6-10 team right now under a Real GM.

I agree with most of what you are saying.  I'm not saying fire Rivera OR Shula, I'm just concerned.