Zod

Fixing the Panthers Offense in 4 Easy Steps

They only gave up 15ppg last season.

Well, we almost got half of that.

My bad, thats good enough. Theres always next week. 

• Pie 1

I have a bad feeling that its not going to change. Shula has always been knocked for not getting plays in quickly, taking too much time to call them.

Hopefully it was just a one game thing, opening day jitters. We need to speed things up.

agreed on all of that.

Well, we almost got half of that.

My bad, thats good enough. Theres always next week.

We could have won the game 7-6 we lead for the majority of the game. The defense gave up a late score and we were in position to take the lead and Deangelo fumbled.

This game wasn't a shoot out it was a defensive power struggle and the defense lost the battle. We need to worry about how to fix our secondary. Wilson was running for his life all game but when he was able to look down field receivers were wide open. That zone was crap and he picked it apart for 300+ yards.

This game was going to come down to not what the offenses would do but which defense would make a play when it mattered. Their defense made the plays in the win to end it. Ours once again let them drive down the field and run out the clock.

Poor Cam once again looking for an opportunity to go win the game. Denagelo took that opportunity from him and the defense couldn't get him another one.

Some might say we gave the game away but after thinking about it their defense literally took it and ours couldn't take it back.

We could have won the game 7-6 we lead for the majority of the game. The defense gave up a late score and we were in position to take the lead and Deangelo fumbled.

This game wasn't a shoot out it was a defensive power struggle and the defense lost the battle. We need to worry about how to fix our secondary. Wilson was running for his life all game but when he was able to look down field receivers were wide open. That zone was crap and he picked it apart for 300+ yards.

This game was going to come down to not what the offenses would do but which defense would make a play when it mattered. Their defense made the plays in the win to end it. Ours once again let them drive down the field and run out the clock.

Poor Cam once again looking for an opportunity to go win the game. Denagelo took that opportunity from him and the defense couldn't get him another one.

Some might say we gave the game away but after thinking about it their defense literally took it and ours couldn't take it back.

Considering they were on the field for most of the second half, its a wonder they were able to run at all.

• Pie 1

i think you're right about the secondary, but the offense should have scored more or at least got us un field goal range more than once. i'm not blaming this on cam. i'm blaming it on the secondary being weak and the receivers not hanging on to balls, williams fumbling, and game management that couldn't get the ball down the field and giving up on drives too early.

Considering they were on the field for most of the second half, its a wonder they were able to run at all.

Time of possession was about even. A lot of that was special teams fault not the offense. Being tired can't be an excuse. If they were on the field then so was Seattle's offense. Can't use tired as an excuse. They had them backed up inside the ten yard line you have to get that stop for your offense.

If they were on the field then so was Seattle's offense. Can't use tired as an excuse.

Show me one game in NFL history where teams are happy to tire out an offense by keeping them on the field.

• Pie 2

Show me one game in NFL history where teams are happy to tire out an offense by keeping them on the field.

Wasn't that our defense's strategy last year?

• Pie 1

you put/keep the ball in the hands of the other offense and it's eventually going to come back and bite you in the butt...which happens to us quite often.

whats kind of scary is imagine if all their starters were in the game.

and they still beat us. i'm going to give shula the bills game to see how he is going to handle cam this year. but if he turns cam into this dink and dunk/game managing qb i'm gonna feel so fuging bad for Cam and this offense.

btw i realize it is the seahawks and their secondary is fuging incredible

i am still very impressed with this team overall though. it feels a lot different then last year even though we lost

I agree, the tone of this game was night and day compared to the Tampa game last year.