Zod

Fixing the Panthers Offense in 4 Easy Steps

136 posts in this topic

i have grown tired of watching this team play not to lose. I'm tired of broken promises of an aggressive offense and defense. for the first time since the Panthers have been a team I'm beginning to start to question why I even bother :/

please find players and coaches that play to win.

scratch that. let's get players and coaches that play to dominate.

You didn't see an aggressive defense yesterday?

For a season opener?  Yeah, I'd say so.  Week one is always sloppy for most teams, and we definitely had our bad moments (drops, dump mistakes, penalties, etc) but we were indeed in it up to the end.  Like I said, in a season opener, I'll take that over getting blown out anyday.

Only Jacksonville scored fewer points than we did.  Jacksonville.

I suppose you can say that the Seahawks are the best defense in the league by far, but I think this is also a pretty big commentary on the state of our offense.

You didn't see an aggressive defense yesterday?

It doesn't appear to me that a lot of people really pay attention when watching these games.

1 person likes this

I suppose you can say that the Seahawks are the best defense in the league by far, but I think this is also a pretty big commentary on the state of our offense.

Technically, they are the second best in the league at this point.

How did that work out for us.

It almost won us the game if Dwill did not fumble. Turnover and penalties kill teams and we had more costly of both in that game.

Technically, they are the second best in the league at this point.

And we're the second worst offense, by that logic.

Because it's easy to find a competent OC who just happens to be available in week two of the season, right?

And hey, installing a whole new system in mid-season after you spent an entire training camp and offseason learning this one?  No problem!

It's simple.  Heck, I do it in Madden all the time.  That's just like the real world, right? :)

I don't think it would be terribly difficult to find someone who's more imaginative at calling the existing plays in our system.  And I certainly don't think it would be difficult to find someone who can get them in faster.  But we're pretty much stuck with Shula-ball.

Anyone think that Cam will own the most productive first three seasons after this year?

1 person likes this

And we're the second worst offense, by that logic.

Not logic.  Rankings, based on week one performance.

Week one is all too often an illusion.  Prior seasons will tell you that.

hence why I say we don't know as much as we might think we do just yet.

SEA scored the least amount for any winning team. Should they be worried about there offense and should they fire Pete Carrol?

Good write up.

As far as Shula goes.. I don't know yet. I know the Hawks have a great secondary and the fear of a pick 6 may have led to Shula's conservative playcalling.

The Bills secondary isn't nearly as good as the Seahawks. If the playcalling remains the same, then, I'll be right there with you on the "Shula Sucks" bandwagon.

I've my fingers crossed that they'll let Cam launch it a few times next week. If they don't, then to take that away from him, is a major hit for the entire team.

I disagree.

I know its counter-intuitive, but "playing it safe" against the better teams plays right into their hands..

They're already very good. Now you're gonna limit YOURSELF? Hell, they couldn't be more happy about that!

To beat the good teams, you had better come out MORE aggressive rather than less. They've already got more talent and better coaching than you do. You want to back it down and not take risks? They're more than happy to accept that favor from you.

1 person likes this