135 replies to this topic

#11 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

How did that work out for us.

Newton himself said that the long routes were there, he just didn't go to them.

#12 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

I liked what we did yesterday.  Execution let us down.  Newton had one bad pass to Olsen that could have been a big gain.  Olsen dropped another that could have been a big gain.  Then of course the fumble by Williams and punt where the ball hit Thomas and they recovered.

All in all, I believe our offense will open up, play faster, etc...but yesterday we had the perfect game plan.  Our defense is legit folks, and if DeAngelo doesnt fumble that ball, that Seahawks D was done for and we probably win that game and its different story today.

I just hope the team keeps the confidence.  This could be a special year.  Just gotta learn how to make the plays when it matters.

#13 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

How did that work out for us.

Probably would have worked just fine had D-will not fumbled

#14 The Huddler

The Huddler

#BringHardyBack

• Location@TheHuddler2
SUPPORTER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

2011 offense + 2013 defense = championship.

We need to take shots downfield and be aggresive.

#15 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

12-7 loss to a Super Bowl contender because of a fumble on the 7 yard line and The Huddle goes bat sh*t crazy.

Why yes, I'm happy just losing to good teams.  It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.  Effort is what matters in the sport, anyway.  Everyone is a winner.  The entire NFCS gets a nice little trophy regardless of where they finish.

Alternatively, we can see the opportunities we had to take control of a game and beat that Super Bowl contender into the ground in the first half, that we failed to do.  We lacked the killer instinct, and I think that comes from the top.

#16 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

Probably would have worked just fine had D-will not fumbled

I don't really like that all the blame is going on a D-will fumble.  Greg dropped passes.  We made ridiculously conservative play calls at certain points.  Our defense finally gave up a huge f'ing TD.  I mean, we just didn't get it done... the D-Will fumble may seem like the last straw but there were points in that game where we didn't even need to get to that point...

#17 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

I didn't say it was all D-will's fault.. but he did fumble inside their 10 with 5 mins or so left in the 4th. Sure as hell didn't help anything.

#18 stratopanther

stratopanther

• LocationCentral VA
SUPPORTER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

I believe it's worth noting that the offensive line only forfeited one sack. I do remember Cam doing some escape acts but I believe they played competently.

#19 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

I asked my buddy during the game if we had gone downfield and we couldn't remember any except the ball to Olsen that was dropped or tipped. Later we went long to Lafell and he couldn't get there...was a penalty on the offense anyway.

Is that it? 

#20 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

What would this thread title be if we had taken shots down the field which resulted in three Newton interceptions?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking what the defense gives you (especially a defense like Seattle).

I recall the majority of you guys complaining that Cam never hits his open guys underneath... Well he finally starts to do that and now people want him to go back to airing it out 30+ yards on every pass.

The Panthers executed a solid gameplan and lost on turnovers, mental errors, and drops (which all are easy to fix).

To be honest, the only visible coaching failure was starting Thomas over Norman.

Other than that, I would say the coaching staff did a pretty solid job.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users