135 replies to this topic

#121 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,425 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

are you seriously arguing this? they were a playoff team last year.

come the fug on.

the reason people are pissed about this game is it was like watching last year all over again, but with what felt like even more conservative playcalling.

And they were a 7-9 team before that. How about giving this team a few more weeks until you throw the towel in.

#122 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

As usual good post.  I never understood why we didn't go deep with Ginn or Smitty.  For god sakes if you don't get those safeties thinking it is a possibility they are going to cheat up and take everything away.  Ginn says Cam can't over throw him.  Give it a shot.  Isn't that what we got him for? To take the top off the defense?

#123 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,391 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

And they were a 7-9 team before that. How about giving this team a few more weeks until you throw the towel in.

Please.  Carroll has been an HC for four years before this and has two playoff appearances.  We have seen nothing to suggest that Rivera is capable of that, so I think you are being a bit silly by trying to make comparisons between how the two fanbases should feel about their coaches.

I'm not throwing in the towel but I'm sick of what seems like complacency and acceptance of losses to "good teams" by our coaches.  I hope it is not htat way in private.

#124 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

1) draft offensive linemen
2) draft wide receivers
3) make trades and free agent pick ups of offensive linemen and receivers.
4) new head coach/OC that is offensive minded

Simple.

#125 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,466 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

Obviously unless something catastrophic happens we are stuck with Shula for this year, and I don't think we will be implementing a new offensive system.

However our offense is going to struggle this season under Shula. Just like every other offense Shula has ever coordinated. We need to make some whole sale changes this off season and let Gettlemen hire his guys.

Rivera is a lame duck coach, and Shula was a stop gap hire to get us through the season.

So much fail in this post. shula did a good job calling plays. If anything Cam was conservative not Shula. Second Rivera is under contract through 2014 so he cant be a lame duck coach. He picked Shula for continuity and he got that. Newton played well albeit conservatively. We didn't want interceptions thinking it would be low scoring. Problem was no one exspected turnovers in the run game. Williams who rarely fumbles did so twice. Special teams also killed us. Mistakes cost us this game not Shula or Rivera. Anyone could plainly see that.

#126 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,425 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

Please. Carroll has been an HC for four years before this and has two playoff appearances. We have seen nothing to suggest that Rivera is capable of that, so I think you are being a bit silly by trying to make comparisons between how the two fanbases should feel about their coaches.

I'm not throwing in the towel but I'm sick of what seems like complacency and acceptance of losses to "good teams" by our coaches. I hope it is not htat way in private.

So your blaming Rivera for having a 7-9 season with a defunct GM and a hard DIV yet your praising Carroll for it because he played in one of the worst DIV in football...

#127 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,466 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

1) draft offensive linemen
2) draft wide receivers
3) make trades and free agent pick ups of offensive linemen and receivers.
4) new head coach/OC that is offensive minded

Simple.

If the avatarand picture are indicative of your skills sets stick to food. Food you know. Football not so much.

#128 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,391 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

So your blaming Rivera for having a 7-9 season with a defunct GM and a hard DIV yet your praising Carroll for it because he played in one of the worst DIV in football...

You act like Rivera made the playoffs his first year, like Carroll, or has shown an ability to win games when it matters.  I'm not saying fire him now, which you'd get if you read my posts.  I'm saying I'm tired of the seeming lack of intensity and fire.

Carroll appears to be a better coach than Rivera to this point, which isn't entirely surprising.  But Rivera hasn't shown he is a good coach at all, and I think after two losing seasons and the beginning of the season *looking* the same as last year it's pretty easy to understand why people are frustrated.

I wasn't advocating firing Rivera, but I wish I could see more of a spark out of him.

#129 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

Offense and coaching are less of an issue than dumb plays (turnovers and penalties).

Offense IMO showed promise. Cam was efficient. Showed patience he often lacks. Williams ran well despite very average run blocking. Once Seattle isn't lined up across from us the deep ball returns.

I feel fine with our O as of now. Feel fine with everything on D outside of CB. I'd like some tweaks but it is what is in terms of players.

RR had made mistakes....but people now blame him for too much.

#130 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

I can best explain what I believe the Panthers offense was doing in boxing terms. Keep moving and throw lots of short jabs. Protect yourself from a devastating blow. Don't wind up for a knockout punch, it may backfire. Let the match play out and hope you kept it close enough for a judges decision.

Modern day mma equivalent:  Rashad Evans

ughh I despise Rashad Evans.

#131 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

If the avatarand picture are indicative of your skills sets stick to food. Food you know. Football not so much.

Oh, ok. We have great depth at OL, there are tons of great receiving weapons, we draft great receiver's and linemen, and ron rivera and mike shula are dynamic coaches.

Youre right, I know nothing.

seas-sarcastic-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d

#132 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,466 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

Oh, ok. We have great depth at OL, there are tons of great receiving weapons, we draft great receiver's and linemen, and ron rivera and mike shula are dynamic coaches.

Youre right, I know nothing.

seas-sarcastic-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d

If anything you posted above was even a point of discussion then you might have something but it isn't.  Why not stick to what people are saying rather than making things up so you can right about something and posting juvenile pictures about what you either do or hope to do.

And if that is your level of conversation, then you are still right, you know nothing.

#133 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

If anything you posted above was even a point of discussion then you might have something but it isn't. Why not stick to what people are saying rather than making things up so you can right about something and posting juvenile pictures about what you either do or hope to do.

And if that is your level of conversation, then you are still right, you know nothing.

I think everything I posted is valid. We haven't addressed areas of need for a long time. None more so than OL, receiver, and coach/oc. I thought that was obvious in my post, but I guess you need me to spell it out for you.

And come on, if you don't like juvenile pictures, the terrorists win.

#134 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,425 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

You act like Rivera made the playoffs his first year, like Carroll, or has shown an ability to win games when it matters. I'm not saying fire him now, which you'd get if you read my posts. I'm saying I'm tired of the seeming lack of intensity and fire.

Carroll appears to be a better coach than Rivera to this point, which isn't entirely surprising. But Rivera hasn't shown he is a good coach at all, and I think after two losing seasons and the beginning of the season *looking* the same as last year it's pretty easy to understand why people are frustrated.

I wasn't advocating firing Rivera, but I wish I could see more of a spark out of him.

What I'm pointing out is Carroll has more experience than Rivera, in a easy DIV, and started with a better team. I understand the frustration with him, we are use to having 7-9 be a bad season for us but we had a terrible team when he started and limited cap space because of Hurney. We will see after a few weeks if he can put a playoff team together. Still remember this unit is a improved 6-10 team right now under a Real GM.

#135 Yintros

Yintros

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

Being from Alabama and witnessing what Shula did there... We used to make jokes about how head-scratchingly predictable that Shula was. When I heard that he was taking over as Carolina's OC, I felt bad for Newton. Maybe he will finally start breaking his tendencies... thought that seems very unlikely. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.