#1 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

I know i dont. It seems to me everyone does not want to accept our QB can run. We have a better chance of a big play with him running than any other offensive play. The coaches want to establish him as a passing QB first, well that is why our games have been lacking any spark. We can keep him safe and not get him hurt his entire career if we like, but until we get some offensive help, we will continue to just waste his talent. Its like it is a negative on a player if he is a QB and likes to run. I just dont get it. Let him run and get some wins!

#2 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,349 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

I do not think that Cam's lack of running this weekend is why we lost, but it is indicative of a conservative playstyle that I think had a major role in it.

#3 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

not cam's fault.... a bigger issues is why NOT run 3rd & 2...smh. I'm not saying be careless but we have to be aggressive. we have nothing to lose but personnel.

#4 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

not cam's fault.... a bigger issues is why NOT run 3rd & 2...smh. I'm not saying be careless but we have to be aggressive. we have nothing to lose but personnel.

Nothing close to putting the blame on Cam. He does not call the plays. 

#5 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Nothing close to putting the blame on Cam. He does not call the plays. 

my point exactly. we have enough backfield to get that situation done. so why pass... smh even a backup fb run would have been a great choice their. he'd look like a blocker.

#6 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

Gotcha

#7 err456

err456

err456

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

Cam's success has been him being a running QB that can pass but the Panthers want him to be a passing QB that can run when he

needs to then hit the dirt before getting hit. I understand their reasons but it's not who he is and I think it's taking away his swag. (at least it's taking away mine)

#8 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

You are right that we are wasting his talents, but its not his running talents we are wasting, it's his arm talent.

There were some read options and designed runs at least, but how many passes over 25 yards did we attempt?

#9 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

There were a couple of nice designed runs for him.  Needed to test down the field more.  Know it is a challenge against that secondary, but that is one of Newton's strengths

#10 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,782 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

I would like to see him used or be a threat to be used in shorter yardage situations.

The read option has a better chance to be successful and break off bigger gains when the defense is more compact and eager to get to the ball carrier because it is short yardage.

Cam may be the best short yardage back I in the NFL. So use him in short yardage situations.

That was my only real complaint about the offense yesterday.

#11 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,716 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Cam's success has been him being a running QB that can pass but the Panthers want him to be a passing QB that can run when he

needs to then hit the dirt before getting hit. I understand their reasons but it's not who he is and I think it's taking away his swag. (at least it's taking away mine)

Passing quarterbacks that can run win championships.

Running quarterbacks that can pass get nice highlight reels on ESPN, but no rings.

I don't give a rip how much 'swag' he has.  I care about him being able to stand upright and finish a full season (something Michael Vick hasn't done in a long, long time).

If you want Newton to be a long term QB, you protect him.

#12 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

Passing quarterbacks that can run win championships.

Running quarterbacks that can pass get nice highlight reels on ESPN, but no rings.

I don't give a rip how much 'swag' he has. I care about him being able to stand upright and finish a full season (something Michael Vick hasn't done in a long, long time).

If you want Newton to be a long term QB, you protect him.

Question for you Mr. Scot

If I could guarantee you two superbowls in Cams first 8 seasons then he would retire like Jim Brown letting Cam play like he did at Auburn, or continue to play like he is now with no playoff wins but he would be here for 15 years, which would you choose?

#13 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,716 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

Question for you Mr. Scot

If I could guarantee you two superbowls in Cams first 8 seasons than he would retire like Jim Brown letting Cam play like he did at Auburn, or continue to play like he is now with no playoff wins but he would be here for 15 years, which would you choose?

Neither.

You're talking like protecting him long term and winning games are mutually exclusive options.  That's a premise that's completely false.

#14 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

We have DWill, JStew, and Tolbert, and you want to use Cam to run the ball?

This is the most asinine thread I have seen on here in a while.

#15 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,782 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

We have DWill, JStew, and Tolbert, and you want to use Cam to run the ball?

This is the most asinine thread I have seen on here in a while.

I do.  I want to use all of them.  Especially in short yardage situations.  There is no reason with this QB and those mentioned RBs that we get 2nd and 2 and can't convert in two tries.  Cam needs to be a part of that equation  He might be one of the best if not the best short yardage backs in the NFL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.