Photo
- - - - -

Am I the only who thinks we played well but the seahawks played better?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Many seem to want to try pin the blame on somebody or multiple people without acknowledging that we played very good but the Seahwaks just played better.

It's really that simple, they did not dominate us but they won. Sure that's the only thing that matters at the end of the day but I feel encouraged about the way we kept it close and had a play or 2 gone our way we'd be feeling on top of the world right now.

The seahawks are just flat out good and deserving of the hype they have received thus far. I think if we play that well against the Bills we will score more points and give us less than 12 and beat them handily.

I am not at mad at any one single player or coach this week in spite of the loss. That's the first time I can remember being able to say that after a loss in a long time if ever. I any this because nobody did more harm than they did good for us this week. There was no player who played terrible from beginning to end like Nakumara and Fua used to do. Same thing can be said for the coaches in the sense that they didn't blatantly cost us the game but actually did well all things considered.

Fox quotes are extremely fitting for is game.

Olsen picked a bad day to drop 2 passes, Deangelo picked a bad time to cough up the ball.
The other team just simply made more plays at the end of the day.
Stats are for losers because they far from tell the story in this game.
So we lost a hard fought game, therefore it is what it is.

Moral victories is a stupid catch phrase on this board so reply with moral victories ftw if you'd like but your just making an ass of yourself IMO.

So we are 0-1 but proved we can hang with the best in the league and the players themselves feel confident we will see them again in January. Polar opposite of the dejected post game feelings they had last year after losses.

If we lose again next week I will be sick to my stomach because the better team on paper will have lost. So if we win that game like we should we still won't know what we're made of IMO until we get to go against the Giants again in week 3 in a revenge game of what was the worst loss we have had yet under Rivera.

#2 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

No, stop using logic, fire rivera, shula, cut cam, kill deangelo, when is draft day?

#3 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,682 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

i just want to fuging win and i know this team has what it takes.

PLEASE JUST WIN!!!!

i feel so manic depressive on gamedays

#4 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,483 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

I think we outplayed them most of the game but they caught the breaks and had the one big play.

It just sucks because it always seems to happen to us. The ball never bounces our way. :(

#5 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,567 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

holding the other team to 12 points is playing well.

only getting 7 yourself is not.

#6 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

No you're like the 5000th person who thinks the seahawks are a good team now while never mentioning how great they were before the game

#7 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

Its overstated but good teams find a way to win and bad ways find a way to lose, all of that has to do with coaching. We Ron was banking on winning that game 7-6.

#8 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,483 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

I think most people realized the Seahawks were a pretty good team and a very well coached defense before the game

#9 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,242 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

Well, if we lose next week, look on the bright side.

Rivera will be long gone (replaced perhaps with a far superior coach) and we'll be in range for a lofty weapon we fans have been pleading the football gods for.

#10 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

No you're like the 5000th person who thinks the seahawks are a good team now while never mentioning how great that were before the game

I didn't think they were that great but they proved me wrong. As a matter of a fact I am already writing Buffalo off in this thread but I shouldn't until I see their game against New England.

I like everyone else who likely underestimated Seattle was using all the wrong ways to judge them, should have watched a few of their games before doing so and I didn't.

Speaking of which has anyone seen the Patriot-Buffalo game?

#11 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,483 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

Its just one loss. We weren't going to go 16-0. Doesn't mean you have to accept losing, it is just the reality of it.

If our defense can continue to play with that kind of effort we are going to be fine.

#12 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,500 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Not really worried. Why do you think I avoided this place until this morning?

#13 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,242 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

Its just one loss. We weren't going to go 16-0. Doesn't mean you have to accept losing, it is just the reality of it.

If our defense can continue to play with that kind of effort we are going to be fine.

The talent is here, the coaching is not.

I know it's one game but I'm sick of Rivera's conservatism, poor game management and lack of in-game adjustments. I lobbied for Ron this off-season because I honestly believed him when he said that he regretted playing NOT to lose. And yet, here we are again. Nothing has changed.

#14 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

No matter how legit a critique is you will always get the counter extremists drama.

Such as Fugs retarded ass thread.

#15 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

I'm disappointed we lost, but not necessarily disappointed how we played.  Russel Wilson is the king of blind/fluke plays and we were victims of that yet again.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.