Photo
- - - - -

Opinions...Week 2 @ buffalo a, must win

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#25 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

looking for opinions on this. I feel that we cannot go into the Giant game two games behind the eight ball and still have a positive season.What do the masses think?

Considering the buzzsaw we run into later in the schedule, we better be 2-1 going into the bye and I hate to say it but if we want playoffs, we better beat the Cardinals coming out of it.

Starting November 3rd, our schedule looks to be a win one, lose one week after week so anything we can pileup in the win column before then may be the difference.

#26 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

I think that we cannot go 0-2, need to go into the bye week 2-1 if we're to have any chance this year

#27 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

not sure what to say

wtf does it matter if someone says one thing or the other?

yes...   no wait..NO.  I'm not sure.....Can I still watch ??

#28 pantherj

pantherj

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

We won't face a must win game this season until we're one loss away from being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Starting 0-3 would be devastating and I think there is good chance of that happening.

#29 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

Sheesh,  I wish I had my Mod powers back sometimes.  I would ban every person that declares a game is a must win that is in the first 4 weeks of the season. 

#30 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

I read earlier that teams who start the season 0-2 made the playoffs only 11.6% of the time.

#31 Thesticklawson

Thesticklawson

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

It is the second game of the year, there will be 14 more after this one. In terms of making the playoffs this is not a must Win.

#32 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

To those who think this isn't a must-win game, you've lost your damn mind. This isn't the AFC. We're in the NFC (a conference where 10 wins may not be good enough for the playoffs). We gotta find a way to stay ahead of The Packers, 49ers, Seahawks, Bears, Falcons, and various mid-pack teams like The Redskins, Vikings, Lions, Cowboys, Giants, etc that could be playoff contenders this year. The margin for losses is minuscule.

#33 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

To those who think this isn't a must-win game, you've lost your damn mind. This isn't the AFC. We're in the NFC (a conference where 10 wins may not be good enough for the playoffs). We gotta find a way to stay ahead of The Packers, 49ers, Seahawks, Bears, Falcons, and various mid-pack teams like The Redskins, Vikings, Lions, Cowboys, Giants, etc that could be playoff contenders this year. The margin for losses is minuscule.

Agreed. Like I posted earlier in this thread, teams who have started 0-2 have only made the playoffs 11.6% of the time.

If this team really has aspirations of making it to the playoffs, staying relevant, or even keeping the coach(es) in the offseason, a win now is as close to a must as it can possibly get.

#34 WildCats

WildCats

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

Hell and Yeah. A must win to keep my sanity. Still think we win the division we always play better when we play our rivals. Don't think falcons can handle all the hype they came in this season with and don't think there that good this year. Bucs meh. Think the only completion is the saints. That saying I see us go 10-6. That saying we have 5 more games to lose. I rather it not come this week tho. A loss Sunday and I may change my opinion on 10-6.

#35 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

really would love to see the coaching staff turn their mindset towards "must-win."

#36 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

We must loose that game.