Kalil says Scott graded out perfect

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

the most likely explanation is that Kalil is boosting his head up to the media in the hopes that his play improves because they think he has the tools.

Cam had good protection....he easily good of graded out perfect if he was just given a simple pass or fail on passing downs.

#17 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,215 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

I tend to believe the guy playing next to him over other sources. Of course I doubt he'd publicly throw him under the bus, but Kalil would certainly know better.

He didn't need to say anything at all.

#18 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,910 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

The difference is we know what protections were called and what every guy should do on every play.  PFF for all the good they do, watch film and infer who did what.  There is a huge difference.

Remember they didn't say his run blocking was great just passing.

This.

James Dator got all pissy over this on twitter and was like "Derp.  BUT PFF!!11!!"

So I told him just like you that PFF has incomplete data.

He said "You just don't understand the process"

Anyway, it reduced down to a pissing contest, so I guess my point, if I have one, is that I agree with you, and Dator is a tool.

#19 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

Seattle was missing their three most explosive pass rushers

#20 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

That holding call on Scott in the third quarter was BS. The guy was spinning in circles like a fair and Scott was just holding his position and bouncing him around. Real momentum swing on that drive due to that penalty.

#21 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,326 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

This.

James Dator got all pissy over this on twitter and was like "Derp.  BUT PFF!!11!!"

Anyway, it reduced down to a pissing contest, so I guess my point, if I have one, is that I agree with you, and Dator is a tool.

dator is a tool

#22 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,449 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

This.

I do my absolute best not to even give that place site hits. I just try to forget it exists.

#23 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

This.

James Dator got all pissy over this on twitter and was like "Derp. BUT PFF!!11!!"

I used to be ok with him but he's such a whiny little piss ant now, he acts like his opinion is the truth. Trashing Shula every chance he gets and ignoring any execution problems the offense had.

#24 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,910 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

I used to be ok with him but he's such a whiny little piss ant now, he acts like his opinion is the truth. Trashing Shula every chance he gets and ignoring any execution problems the offense had.

Could not agree more.  I started following him on twitter a few years back and would wander over to the inferior site to read Panthers material and he was fine.  But it really seems to me that this last year he has either he has gotten a bloated feeling of self importance, or thinks that acting that way is the way to drive traffic.

I still follow him but I don't visit the inferior site very much anymore.

#25 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

If Gross said he played well, thats good enough for me.

I thought he and Byers held up pretty well.

#26 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

Well they ran pretty well all game so somebody was run blocking.

#27 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,953 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

PFF doesn't know everything that the Panthers do. At the same time the Panthers have reasons to pump up their teammates. I thought the oline was good enough. Gross got beat once but there was a few plays broken up by coverage or Cam just not finding a guy.

#28 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

I thought Scott was a bright spot. As a right guard all you need is for the guy to push fools around in the run game and just hold up in pass pro. I can't think of a less important position on offense.

#29 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

I don't think any fan who watched the game thought Scott did a bad job pass blocking. Now things will get interesting as we play teams that can actually stop our rushing attack and force us to pass. That's when we'll find out what Scott is made of.

Umm... yea the Seahawks are one of those teams that are really good at stopping the run I thought?

#30 Jai

Jai

• ALL-PRO
  • 183 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

As a coach, i've re-watched the game a few time's already, Scott played tremendous, from what I saw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com