• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

1. They have a legit pass rush. They hurried Brady 7 times, sacked him twice. Considering the state of our OL, that matchup isn't a gimme.

2. This is their second home game in a row. It is pretty tough for teams to lose both consecutive home games to open the season. This is a must win for them. They cannot afford to lose a quarter of their homes games already going into week 3.

3. Manuel looked pretty decent. Their receivers were able to get behind the Patriots corners.

Our defense is much, much better than the patriots. Hopefully we can introduce Manuel to what a real NFL defense looks like.

#2 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Bills always seem to play the Patriots tough.. having said that.. yes.. bring the A game, but that should be every week

#3 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Yeah it's no gimme for sure. Hopefully the injuries to the secondary will allow for Cam to have a big day.

#4 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,534 posts

A WHOLE PIE!

having seen our offense i don't take any team lightly.

#5 pepaw

pepaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

Yep, Buffalo isn't an easy place to play in either.  It's no 12th man but they're passionate and bitter.

#6 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,489 posts

Lets get real here...who are the Panthers to take anyone lightly?

If anything most teams act like Seattles fans..."oh the Panthers? free W this week fellas"

That said Buffalo isn't as bad as people think and it's not like we can just show up and win.

#7 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Bills always seem to play the Patriots tough.. having said that.. yes.. bring the A game, but that should be every week

I'm not sure what hurt the Patriots offense more, the Buffalo defense or not having Welker or Hernandez anymore.

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

bitter.

Well, they do live in upstate NY.

Yeesh

#9 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

It's also a must win for us.

I think we actually match up pretty good with them.  Their back 7 is pretty weak and their secondary is demolished with injuries.   Hopefully we can see some quick slants, square ins, curls, etc to get our receivers in the 2nd level to take advantage.

If we can pressure Manuel the same way we rushed Wilson, I think he will force a mistake or two.

Hopefully D-Will makes up for the fumble with a 100+yds & 1 TD game.

I'll go Carolina 24-Buffalo 14.

#10 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

It's also a must win for us.

Not really. An away game against an AFC opponent this early in the season?

#11 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

I'm not sure what hurt the Patriots offense more, the Buffalo defense or not having Welker or Hernandez anymore.

I think option B.  They will adjust but it will take a few weeks for them to start clicking.  

#12 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,686 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Lets get real here...who are the Panthers to take anyone lightly?

If anything most teams act like Seattles fans..."oh the Panthers? free W this week fellas"

That said Buffalo isn't as bad as people think and it's not like we can just show up and win.

This. FOUR winning seasons in 18 years. NO back to back winning seasons EVER. Haven't been above .500 since 2008. 

Why would we think ANY team is a sure win? Who do we think we are? 

Can we win? Of course. Can they win? Of course.

As much as it hurts to admit it, we are just as awful as the Browns, Raiders, Lions, etc. Wow, we went to a Super Bowl. Big deal. So did Tampa. So did New Orleans.

Once we, you know ... win some games and put fear into other teams ... then we can laugh at playing a team like the Bills.

#13 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Welkers absence wasn't really felt at all in this contest due to the fact that Amendola had a great game! Gronk was also out. I didn't watch the game but I did peak at the box score to see what Buffalo was able to do to them. Hard to tell really from looking at the box. Could have been rust. Brady had 52 attempts compared to like 15-20 rushing attempts. But then again, I would have dialed up a similar game plan with their best corner and Safety out.

I guess we'll find out first hand come Sunday.

I will say that I hope our coaches are coaching the players to stick with their assignments at all times. With such a vicious front seven, I can see people trying to soften our rush with screens and counters (misdirection). I'd expect to see a lot of that come Sunday from Buffalo. That's what I'd do if I were them.

#14 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

We shouldn't be taking any team lightly this year. I never thought we'd lose to KC. Look how that turned out.

#15 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,571 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

I was flipping back and forth with the Jets/Buccs game.  Was fairly impressed with Manuel and their game.  They have some talent that will compete with most teams.  If they were full strength, I'd be pretty worried.  Cam won't allow another 7 point outting, I can tell you that right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com