• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,633 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

To close out PTI, Cam Newton was a topic of discussion with the prompt being: "Cam had 163 yards of total offense yesterday, A CAREER LOW. Should we be concerned?"

Kornheiser busted out laughing and kneads out a "yeah. I would say so. We should definitely be concerned," between guffaws. Wilbon follows suit and agrees. End of segment.

Smh...

I kept thinking yesterday, "Man, I know Cam is the media's black sheep of the young QB posse, but I really hope they don't turn him into Josh Freeman."

#2 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Not sure why you watch that crap. I haven't watched espn in 4 years.

#3 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,532 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

What do you think it will take to make them stop ???

#4 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,633 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Sadly Zod, I don't know why either. It mainly happens out of boredom. Got in from a dentist appointment, sat down, turned on the TV waiting for the games to come on and just caught the end of it.

#5 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

well with comments like that it's apparent they watched absolutely zero seconds of the game and just took a quick glance at the box score.

#6 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,806 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

Trying to give a fug but can't

#7 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Cam would probably have 2 TD's and another 100 yards if it wasn't for Olsen dropping 2 key passes.

#8 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,902 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Yeah, that's why I don't watch anything on ESPN beyond the highlights on SC... especially shows like PTI where the talking heads don't know anything beyond the NFC east and never hesitate to form opinions of the performance of players in games they didn't actually watch (this is a CLASSIC example). 

#9 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,719 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

I honestly think I want Cam to succeed more than the panthers at this point. I know they go hand in hand but Cam's a good kid who does things in the community and all this crap and just gets constantly poo'd on. I hope WHEN he wins a SuperBowl he simply gives the media the finger as he holds the trophy... He won't though because he's good poo but Jesus. RG3 is texting other girls on his wedding day and everyone still loves him.

Cam played a great game yesterday, and put Carolina in position to win. He took care of the ball and made some nice throws. Cam has said all off season he needs to trust his teammates and take care of the ball. He did exactly that yesterday and unfortunately his teammates let him down.

K I'm done venting now

#10 Semaj

Semaj

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Fl

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

Not sure why you watch that crap. I haven't watched espn in 4 years.

Yep ESPN is about as reliable as the major news networks that I refuse to watch.  A sad state of affairs in Bristol.

#11 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

Stephen A Smith said today that Jonathan Stewart fumbled the football.

They don't watch Carolina play they pull up the box score and look at Cam nothing else.

#12 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

I honestly think I want Cam to succeed more than the panthers at this point. I know they go hand in hand but Cam's a good kid who does things in the community and all this crap and just gets constantly poo'd on. I hope WHEN he wins a SuperBowl he simply gives the media the finger as he holds the trophy... He won't though because he's good poo but Jesus. RG3 is texting other girls on his wedding day and everyone still loves him.

Cam played a great game yesterday, and put Carolina in position to win. He took care of the ball and made some nice throws. Cam has said all off season he needs to trust his teammates and take care of the ball. He did exactly that yesterday and unfortunately his teammates let him down.

K I'm done venting now

Your absolutely right. After we lost yesterday I immediately felt bad for Cam they always find a way to blame him.

#13 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

So glad I have classes during the afternoon so I can miss the crap that ESPN dumps on people.

Their amateurish opinions of our team are insulting. But that's nothing new...

#14 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Only thing ESPN is good for is the Sportcenter Top 10 and the Not Top 10.

They're pretty clueless otherwise, but then again, the general public is, too, and that's who ESPN, a national broadcast, caters to.  I'll forever be in disbelief at the Huddle's continuing shock at how little they know and have to say about our team.

#15 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

What do you think it will take to make them stop ???

stop watching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.