Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And So It Starts

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

To close out PTI, Cam Newton was a topic of discussion with the prompt being: "Cam had 163 yards of total offense yesterday, A CAREER LOW. Should we be concerned?"

Kornheiser busted out laughing and kneads out a "yeah. I would say so. We should definitely be concerned," between guffaws. Wilbon follows suit and agrees. End of segment.

Smh...

I kept thinking yesterday, "Man, I know Cam is the media's black sheep of the young QB posse, but I really hope they don't turn him into Josh Freeman."
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

What do you think it will take to make them stop ???
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Sadly Zod, I don't know why either. It mainly happens out of boredom. Got in from a dentist appointment, sat down, turned on the TV waiting for the games to come on and just caught the end of it.

Posted · Report post

well with comments like that it's apparent they watched absolutely zero seconds of the game and just took a quick glance at the box score.

Posted · Report post

Trying to give a fug but can't

Posted · Report post

Cam would probably have 2 TD's and another 100 yards if it wasn't for Olsen dropping 2 key passes.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, that's why I don't watch anything on ESPN beyond the highlights on SC... especially shows like PTI where the talking heads don't know anything beyond the NFC east and never hesitate to form opinions of the performance of players in games they didn't actually watch (this is a CLASSIC example). 

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I honestly think I want Cam to succeed more than the panthers at this point. I know they go hand in hand but Cam's a good kid who does things in the community and all this crap and just gets constantly poo'd on. I hope WHEN he wins a SuperBowl he simply gives the media the finger as he holds the trophy... He won't though because he's good poo but Jesus. RG3 is texting other girls on his wedding day and everyone still loves him.

Cam played a great game yesterday, and put Carolina in position to win. He took care of the ball and made some nice throws. Cam has said all off season he needs to trust his teammates and take care of the ball. He did exactly that yesterday and unfortunately his teammates let him down.

K I'm done venting now
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Not sure why you watch that crap. I haven't watched espn in 4 years.

Yep ESPN is about as reliable as the major news networks that I refuse to watch.  A sad state of affairs in Bristol.

Posted · Report post

Stephen A Smith said today that Jonathan Stewart fumbled the football.

They don't watch Carolina play they pull up the box score and look at Cam nothing else.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I honestly think I want Cam to succeed more than the panthers at this point. I know they go hand in hand but Cam's a good kid who does things in the community and all this crap and just gets constantly poo'd on. I hope WHEN he wins a SuperBowl he simply gives the media the finger as he holds the trophy... He won't though because he's good poo but Jesus. RG3 is texting other girls on his wedding day and everyone still loves him.

Cam played a great game yesterday, and put Carolina in position to win. He took care of the ball and made some nice throws. Cam has said all off season he needs to trust his teammates and take care of the ball. He did exactly that yesterday and unfortunately his teammates let him down.

K I'm done venting now

Your absolutely right. After we lost yesterday I immediately felt bad for Cam they always find a way to blame him.