Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Should Ron Rivera be standing up for Cam?

Carolina Panthers NFL

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#46 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,048 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

It's simple OP, Rivera is a sheep. No balls.

Then again I didn't see this post or it would have gotten a vote for dumbest post of the day. A guy who started at linebacker for the 85 Bears has no balls. Seriously.

#47 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

It has nothing to do with the huddle it has to do with the thrashing Cam takes from everyone outside of Panther land and let's be honest our own fan base. Rivera deflects blame and that allows open season on Cam

I have lived (in order) Atlanta Metro <*****> Louisiana <Taints> Los Angeles <at the time, Rams> Tampa <Fukenears> San Antonio <equal mix of Girls and Earlers> before I moved to the paradise that is NC. 

Our fan base is the gentlest, most polite, most forgiving, most loving bunch of sissies I have ever seen that we don't even seem like football fans in comparison.  I don't mean to disagree in a heinous fashion, but Cam has got it as good as he will EVER get it.

Any poo Cam gets from us is kindergarten talk from a bunch of shortbus, newbs.

Rivera better mind his own little red wagon.

#48 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

To the OP.

I been saying this for the last several years. "Rivera don't back or defend Cam in anything". He just let's the media run away with criticism, even when his decision making (or lack of it) is the cause of it. For example, agreeing with Chud to expand the Read Option and reduce 2 TE sets in 2012, and not allowing Cam to go for over 4000 yards again the last several games (and what it would mean to his PR), etc.

He's clueless on so many levels.

You get it man most don't get what my post is about. Look at how Harbaugh defends Kaep you mention damn Kaep in a sentence your going to have to hear from him. It's open season on Cam because nobody is standing up and making these ass holes accountable.

Greenbay said if Kaep runs the option we are going to hit him.

Harbaugh wasn't having that poo not only did he back his qb he took the option out the game plan and let kaep ball.

We've had damn hello kitty cartoons of our qb and that's in his own damn city.

#49 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

I think we have the talent to represent the NFC in the Superbowl.

yea i fuging said it.

How do we Both agree on this (and we're in the very small minority), but we don't really agree on anything else?

Baffling to me

#50 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,048 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

I have lived (in order) Atlanta Metro <*****> Louisiana <Taints> Los Angeles <at the time, Rams> Tampa <Fukenears> San Antonio <equal mix of Girls and Earlers> before I moved to the paradise that is NC. 

Our fan base is the gentlest, most polite, most forgiving, most loving bunch of sissies I have ever seen that we don't even seem like football fans in comparison.  I don't mean to disagree in a heinous fashion, but Cam has got it as good as he will EVER get it.

Any poo Cam gets from us is kindergarten talk from a bunch of shortbus, newbs.

Rivera better mind his own little red wagon.

I grew up outside of Philadelphia where we boo everybody. They make the places you have lived sissy towns as well.

#51 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,260 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

not reading this stupid thread, but i think Rivera should be watching game film and planning for Buffalo, not watching ESPN to get worked up over what they say about Cam.

#52 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

You get it man most don't get what my post is about. Look at how Harbaugh defends Kaep you mention damn Kaep in a scent emcee your going to have to hear from him. It's open season on Cam because nobody is standing up and making these ass holes accountable.
Greenbay said if Kaep runs the option we are going to hit him.
Harbaugh wasn't having that poo not only did he back his qb he took the option out the game plan and let kaep ball.
We've had damn hello kitty cartoons of our qb and that's in his own damn city.

This is an excellent point! You just backed up your op and made it bullet proof. Might as well "mark answered" with your own quote

#53 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

not reading this stupid thread, but i think Rivera should be watching game film and planning for Buffalo, not watching ESPN to get worked up over what they say about Cam.

Funny how great coaches find the time to defend their qb and win games.

#54 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

But he can't stick up for Cam because he has to "go back and watch the tape" what the fug does he do during the games.

#55 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

Even damn Rex Ryan stood up for Geno Smith when he was being thrown under the bus by West Virginia, but I'm done.

#56 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,913 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

/thread

I have never heard anything from Rivera except praise of Cam Newton.

Not too long ago some people here on the Huddle were wondering if he was coddling him too much.

Smh

#57 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

/thread

I have never heard anything from Rivera except praise of Cam Newton.

Not too long ago some people here on the Huddle were wondering if he was coddling him too much.

Smh

There is a difference between praising and standing up for someone. Never said he was too hard on cam. If you guys actually read the damn op you would stop making comments that have nothing to do with what I said.

#58 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,913 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

I think in those situations it is better to not acknowledge those type of things at all.

And Rivera has been asked critical questions about Cam before and has defended him.  But I don't see a big positive in Rivera going out of his way to address every critic and what they have to say about Cam.

Saying he has been great is defense enough

#59 WildCats

WildCats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

I think we should stop talking about all the negatives and just call the prayer hotline for this team. Im tired of losing. I'm tired of waiting on something good to happen. But everyday I wake up knowing there is light at the end of every tunnel. I'm still holding on. Im praying Rivera lead these men to the promise land. Praying for that day I can give a pelvic thrust to all the haters who doubted us, hated on us, and the ones who took us as a joke. That day is going to come. Until then I'll will be in BOA stadium turnt up waiting for it to happen.

Sorry I just had to vent real quick after Sunday just sitting there waiting for something to happen still after everyone was leaving and me still being in denial we just loss. But don't get it twisted my motto is still TURN DOWN FOR WHAT. Keep pounding huddle

#60 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

You don't know me you'd be surprised. I don't come with agendas. If you can change my mind do so I welcome it.

A guy who's been trying to find ways to blame the defense for that loss doesn't have an agenda  Right :rolleyes:

As far as Rivera, you might wanna take note that he always says "we" when talking about what went wrong and what needs fixed.

You might also notice that players, including Newton, enthusiastically support him.  Guess those guys must just really enjoy being thrown under the bus, huh?

As others have pointed out, Rivera is always full of praise for Newton, and he has better things to do than go run after every member of the media who said something that might hurt his feelings.  Heck, Newton himself rarely responds to that stuff.  he ignores it, as he well should.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com