Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Anyone else notice a couple of things in this current Skins vs Eagles game?

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#121 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

BTwxUe7IQAAW9gR.jpg

#122 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

Look at the confusion they don't know who to cover

#123 TimTom

TimTom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationJust south of Charlotte

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

BTwxUe7IQAAW9gR.jpg

It's like one of those "what's wrong with this picture?" in Highlights kid magazines at the dr. office...

Isn't that far lineman supposed to be down for 5 total?

#124 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

It's like one of those "what's wrong with this picture?" in Highlights kid magazines at the dr. office...

Isn't that far lineman supposed to be down for 5 total?

Doesn't matter what stance your in as long as your on the LOS

#125 TimTom

TimTom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationJust south of Charlotte

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

Doesn't matter what stance your in as long as your on the LOS

Derp, you're right.  Just like our fake play with all the linemen standing lol.  Too early.  Brain not working.

#126 dos poptarts

dos poptarts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

BTwxUe7IQAAW9gR.jpg

Meh, people have short memories....Jim Zorn (previous Skins HC) ran some college plays as well. They failed miserably and he was crucified. Same ol story, praise if you win. Luckily Foles can run this offense as well, cause Vick is not going to make it through the season.

on a different note: was there a play where the entire eagle oline performed a dive/cut block (play didn't work) but with all this talk about injuries, if I were a dlineman I be pissed off.

#127 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

That's because Jim Zorn was Jim Zorn

#128 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,585 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

I have a ton of faith in Gettles ability to evaluate talent.

I am worried as poo about him during our next coaching search.

Although, there is no evidence that he won't make a good hire, it is the one thing that worries me, that he won't be able to adjust to the times and will be looking for coaches with a style from 10 years ago instead of 10 years from now.

You basically stated every point I meant behind my post... I love gettles but if the organization thinks we are better hiding Cam as a game manager instead of playing to his strengths then Gettles may not be the best guy in terms of making this team offensively watchable on Sundays.

However I think the way the coaches were retained before Gettles arrived may answer the riddle of...is Jerry the wizard behind the whole thing? Is Gettles and Shula just carrying out the wishes of the teams owner about offensive philosophy?

It is just one game...I understand being conservative and things got magnified with the fumble and lost possesion on the punt muff. Overall I thought it was a perfectly planned game.

When you play methodical like that you cannot afford to lose a offensive series especially if the team gets the ball first in the second half.

If Cam got another 50 yards passing there would not be this outcry of how little we challanged the secondary. One series would have probably provided that statistically.

With all this said I would have loved the ballsey move to hire Chip Kelly and yes I envisioned how nice it would be to have Cam in that offense.

#129 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,443 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

Meh, people have short memories....Jim Zorn (previous Skins HC) ran some college plays as well. They failed miserably and he was crucified. Same ol story, praise if you win. Luckily Foles can run this offense as well, cause Vick is not going to make it through the season.

on a different note: was there a play where the entire eagle oline performed a dive/cut block (play didn't work) but with all this talk about injuries, if I were a dlineman I be pissed off.

http://www.carolinah...game/?p=2368406

#130 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,888 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Do Want

Almost made a thread about him yesterday.

Just a little nervous if Jim is making him or Roman is making Jim/Kaep.

Not sure yet.

#131 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

No this is not a- I wish Chip Kelly was our HC- thread. But I admire offensive minds that know how to manipulate formations.

The Eagles have what I like to call the older more fragile version of Cam Newton in Michael Vick. I just kept imagining Cam in those situations. What would happen if we ran that type of play and up tempo offense? Shula does not strike me as a ballsy signal caller, Zod knows. In the first game he showed some really good play calling for the most part. It is a learning process for him no doubt, I just hope he is a fast learner and is taking notes from our game against the Seahawks and maybe even taking notes on this game. Cam is the ultimate weapon. Use him correctly please.

The second thing I noticed that really makes me abhor ESPN, is that RG3 is sucking it up so bad, that they never mention him and sophomore slump in the same sentence. He is ¬®Rusty¬®.  Right, because he is immune to a sophomore slump right? ESPN makes me sick.

Maybe you could have waited until the game was over to add this analysis. 329 yards passing & 2 TDs is not a bad slump. I'm not big on upping Cam and bashing all other mobile QBs. But that's just me. Kaep/RG3/Wilson were all doing work. We can't keep bashing those guys because the panthers coaching staff is too inept to put our QB in similar position to succeed like those guys.

#132 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,391 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

Why aren't fans bashing the redskins offense the way they have ours? Last I checked, they aren't lighting up the scoreboard. Guess they need to fire their OC, dump Griffin and can the HC. More evidence panther "fans" are the least knowledgable fans in the NFL

probably because they still put up 27 points as a team (with 20 on offense I think it was)

edit: sorry didn't see the time on your post :P haha

#133 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

We should pin a seperate thread so every year all the curmudgeons could tell us why the latest football trend isn't around to stay.

College offense?! HARHARHARHAR

Everyone knows you must establish the run!

Oh, of course.

I mean, Steve Spurrier's Fun & Gun, that revolutionized the game, right?

And the Wildcat, everybody runs that 40 plays a game these days, don't they?

Pocket passers? That's old news. Guys like Michael Vick will be winning championships for years to come while guys like Brees, Brady and Manning will be relegated to obscurity.

I can't believe all the people who said those things wouldn't last when they've practically reshaped the league.

Right? :unsure:

Reality is every once in a while there are innovations (the shotgun, the no huddle, rotating DL, etc) but there are also plenty of gimmicks that get figured out and fade away.

We'll see which one this turns out to be.

#134 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,894 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Maybe you could have waited until the game was over to add this analysis. 329 yards passing & 2 TDs is not a bad slump. I'm not big on upping Cam and bashing all other mobile QBs. But that's just me. Kaep/RG3/Wilson were all doing work. We can't keep bashing those guys because the panthers coaching staff is too inept to put our QB in similar position to succeed like those guys.

Did you actually watch the game, or just look at the boxscore?

RG3 did not have a good game.  He looked rusty as hell until the Eagles went up 33-7 and basically played prevent defense and just tried to keep receivers in front of them and in the middle of the field.

After that RG3 piled on stats and got some points late.

I defend Cam all the time, and to be fair, his rookie year he had some games like that as well.

But RG3 had a bad night and did not look healthy.

#135 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

Did you actually watch the game, or just look at the boxscore?

RG3 did not have a good game.  He looked rusty as hell until the Eagles went up 33-7 and basically played prevent defense and just tried to keep receivers in front of them and in the middle of the field.

After that RG3 piled on stats and got some points late.

I defend Cam all the time, and to be fair, his rookie year he had some games like that as well.

But RG3 had a bad night and did not look healthy.

As an addendum, they played prevent for almost an entire half. Before they stomped on the breaks, they were eating the Redskins alive. Griffin looked really bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.