Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Defensive Line will have dominant year!

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Apparently the Lions were putting 11 in the box to stop AP.

That explains it then cuz Suh is overrated crap.

Posted

I don't know if all of you have been following the falcons this season, but they are having SERIOUS oline issues.

We scored 7 sacks on them in a game last year before we had star and short. With fua. Let that sink in, I'll get you a bib for your drool.

I have, which is why I was laughing when they went to get Stephen Jackson.  I was like if Turner can't produce behind that shite o-line, what is oft-injured Stephen Jackson going to do?  We are about to get up in that anus. 

Posted

I have, which is why I was laughing when they went to get Stephen Jackson.  I was like if Turner can't produce behind that shite o-line, what is oft-injured Stephen Jackson going to do?  We are about to get up in that anus. 

Steven Jackson is a major upgrade over Turner, who is not even in the league anymore.

Posted

I don't know if all of you have been following the falcons this season, but they are having SERIOUS oline issues.

We scored 7 sacks on them in a game last year before we had star and short. With fua. Let that sink in, I'll get you a bib for your drool.

Right, and the Saints had 3 sacks on then.....who is on their line again? I'm thinkin double digit sacks would be great. What? 10 at the least!

Posted

I fear lots of teams will start dinking and dunking on us.  Brady and Brees will be tough to deal with no matter how well the d line plays.  Good tackling will be crucial.  But Ryan?  My god I can't wait to play atl.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Steven Jackson is a major upgrade over Turner, who is not even in the league anymore.

I guess man.  I have seen them both play and Turner has never missed the time that Jackson has missed.  Jackson can catch out of the backfield better, has more yards, and is a year younger so you win.

Posted

I fear lots of teams will start dinking and dunking on us.  Brady and Brees will be tough to deal with no matter how well the d line plays.  Good tackling will be crucial.  But Ryan?  My god I can't wait to play atl.  

It will be successful too unless McD starts allowing the DBs to be more aggressive.  Sunday Brady just threw five yard passes all day against Buffalo.  But Atl, I can see them trying those seven step drops and Ryan getting pounded waiting on deep routes to develop.

Posted

I guess man.  I have seen them both play and Turner has never missed the time that Jackson has missed.  Jackson can catch out of the backfield better, has more yards, and is a year younger so you win.

I think most people don't realize how good Jackson is because he has been stuck in a god-awful offense in St. Louis his entire career.  He has had 8 straight 1,000 yard seasons rushing, injuries and all.

Regardless,  I think we have the best run defense in the league and Jackson shouldn't fair any better than Lynch.

Posted

Carolina Panthers @Panthers 6m

'@NFL.com's @greggrosenthal on the #Panthers: "A defensive line this good is going to win a lot of games."

2 people like this

Posted

enjoy it while you can.. we wont be able to afford this D in 2 seasons.. not needing to upgrade the O with the talent we already have to pay.  Keek is gonna be franchised..he is that good.   star is cheap for the next 3 seasons at least..

Im telling you, if we lose and finish with top draft pick cam is gone just so they dont have to pay him ie extend the rookie pay roll with JFootball... stewart is gone next season if he doesnt perform and probably if he does.    

there no way were going to be able to pay everyone on our front 7 for 4 seasons even if they do stay healthy we just cant afford it.

Posted

I still dont know why the falcons spent their first 2 picks on corners when both lines are poo.

Posted

I can't wait to play immobile QB's, play Matt Ryan.

I love our front seven.

Particularly with their weak OL.